Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Graham Brady to make statement
The 1922 Committee chair, Sir Graham Brady, is about to make a statement outside parliament.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The European Research Group effectively control the party, able to blackball any candidate they consider as an enemy or having slighted Boris. They therefore control the UK.

A tiny number of zealots. This is unjust to this nation.

I feel I could write a speech that Starmer should now make, with genuine emotion, to win all the remaining hearts and minds of sensible politicians and the public.

Not in the Commons, not in his staid barrister's style with the same old one-liners.

He could seize this moment.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Any truth in the rumour that the Tories made Truss Prime Minister after somebody rang Graeme Souness and told him that she was George Weah's cousin?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Suella Braverman is widely expected to stand to be Tory leader, although Sir John Hayes, the former minister who is a confidante and adviser to the former home secretary, declined to say if she plans to stand.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I don’t know if they’re worse, they’re both terrible though. Being “better” than this lot isn’t exactly a huge boast. I am hoping Momentum don’t weasel their way back in, is all I’m saying.
I'm hoping that the last few years will be the death knell for the far left and the far right dominating British politics

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Well, it's important to think of public finances innit. Unless of course Truss had the same taste as Carrie...in which case tons of dosh was saved 💰👍
Given how Truss clung on in his cabinet, they may have had the same taste in their mouth at one time or another. :eek::sick:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Whenever a popular football manager moves on, the comment is often that they've left the club in a better place than when they found it.

This isn't the case here.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Braverman's putting her name forward? She resigned yesterday saying that she did something unacceptable that should disqualify her from being Home Secretary. However, she doesn't consider that it should disqualify her from being in charge of the Home Secretary? There is no bottom of the barrel is there?
Indeed, it's bottomless...and I believe she engineered her own departure to free herself to run for PM.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Tories election manifesto should be interesting if there was an election

Will they admit they were wrong about Brexit or stay on that bandwagon? that's their big dilema
Basically avoid mentioning it altogether, I suspect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here