Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Living in BURGESS HILL

Wivlesfield station is there but does it actually come under Wivlesfield, I wouldn't think so as Wivlesfield postcode is RH17. The Watermill Pub in Worlds End is RH15 as is the rest of Burgess Hill. So I would say technically Worlds End is in Burgess Hill at least as far as Royal Mail are concerned.,.

There is a difference between Wivlesfield and Wivlesfied Green.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Half a dozen fields and some sheep and a road to Haywards Heath

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Wivlesfield Green is also RH17 ie Green Lane, South Rd and Eastern Rd all are RH17 Jaynes Lane is RH15 and the first place that is RH17appears to be Baldocks Garage.

I would say that its highly debatable as to whether Worlds End is actually in Wivlesfield or Burgess Hill

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I work in BH. Its a nice place I think. Its got a lot for its size and is just a short train ride to Brighton. There are a large number of baked bean coloured women and other mutants in the town not to mention the usual racsist drunks ( this is weekday daytime ) but I think this is usual for a town of its size.

We have some baked bean coloured women in Grimsby but I think they are Portuguese migrant workers :thumbsup:

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Live in Hove atm, looking to sell up and move somewhere that's reasonably close to Brighton and Crawley but not too expensive, near a railway station, has room to park and a garden!

Burgess Hill appears to tick all these boxes, what's it like to live there? any areas to avoid? I work in Brighton and have family in Crawley so it seems good to be right in the middle...

There is a sign on the trains that gives you a clue......

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM USING THE TOILET WHILST THE TRAIN IS STANDING IN A STATION..........(EXCEPT BURGESS HILL):D

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's a bit boring. But it's alright. And it has one of the highest numbers of Albion season ticket holders outside of Brighton & Hove. Which is no bad thing.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
We have some baked bean coloured women in Grimsby but I think they are Portuguese migrant workers :thumbsup:

Just to put the record straight. I had previously worked in Lewes and found that a lot of locals were arrogant, rude, miserable, untrusting, cliquey, negative, smartarse, cycnical bigots.

In contrast, I have found the good burghers of BH to be generally likeable souls - a far more friendly positive place than Lewes and I am very happy working there. I did live there for a year in the late nineties and thought it OK too.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I lived in Burgess Hill all my life until I moved away (for work) at 24. My parents still live there and one of my brothers lives there with his wife and children, and I'm always happy to go back. Every town in the country has it's morons - yes, even both Brighton and Hove. As a town it's done me just fine and I think that I've managed to live a pretty decent and normal life.

Shopping Centre generally has most things that you'd need - though is just lacking in any big name fashion shops (New Look is the most recent and exciting addition). Plenty of pubs in most areas, some better than others. Train station is on the Brighton-Bedford line. There's a big Tesco that is easily accessible. The Triangle sports centre has pretty decent sport and swimming facilities.

The areas to choose depend on your budget really - there's some more modern housing (<20 years through to new builds) that are in decent areas, and then there's older housing in the more established and urban areas. I see you've had plenty of offers, but you're welcome to PM me if you want a pretty unbiased view on any questions you might have.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Wivlesfield Green is also RH17 ie Green Lane, South Rd and Eastern Rd all are RH17 Jaynes Lane is RH15 and the first place that is RH17appears to be Baldocks Garage.

I would say that its highly debatable as to whether Worlds End is actually in Wivlesfield or Burgess Hill

World's End is in Burgess Hill. As are two railways stations, one of which is called Wivelsfield. The actual village of Wivelsfield is a number of miles away; Wivelsfield Green even further.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Lovely place. In fact I know of a super 4 double bed house for sale with extended kitchen for sale on the Folders Lane development. A few minutes walk from Ditchling Common nature reserve, 12 mins walk to the Station and 15 to the town centre. Ideal for an Albion fan - easy drive to the Amex over the Beacon avoiding the worst of the traffic, great location in the hall for your picture of Will B scoring the winning goal against Donny at the Amex and in the study for the pic of Storer doing the same at the Goldstone. PM me for details!

I agree with that.

Point conceded.

You learn something new every day:

The northern central side of the town (around Wivelsfield railway station) is known as Worlds End. It acquired this name around the 23 December 1899, a serious accident happened when a red signal was obscured by thick fog. A train from Brighton collided with a boat train from Newhaven Harbour at 40 mph, six passengers were killed and twenty seriously injured. Due to the nature of the accident and the relatively high (in relation to other accidents of the time) number of deaths and injuries the name Worlds End was coined and has stuck since that day.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Point conceded.

You learn something new every day:

The northern central side of the town (around Wivelsfield railway station) is known as Worlds End. It acquired this name around the 23 December 1899, a serious accident happened when a red signal was obscured by thick fog. A train from Brighton collided with a boat train from Newhaven Harbour at 40 mph, six passengers were killed and twenty seriously injured. Due to the nature of the accident and the relatively high (in relation to other accidents of the time) number of deaths and injuries the name Worlds End was coined and has stuck since that day.

Well I never knew that - fascinating. Its an education being on here.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lovely place. In fact I know of a super 4 double bed house for sale with extended kitchen for sale on the Folders Lane development. A few minutes walk from Ditchling Common nature reserve, 12 mins walk to the Station and 15 to the town centre. Ideal for an Albion fan - easy drive to the Amex over the Beacon avoiding the worst of the traffic, great location in the hall for your picture of Will B scoring the winning goal against Donny at the Amex and in the study for the pic of Storer doing the same at the Goldstone. PM me for details!

Beautifully done :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here