Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Are you talking about Dan Burn, who has been fantastic his past three ganes and looks full of confidence?

Yes! I thought he looked ropy when he came on against Spurs (I think). Some good stuff but also some dodgy touches. I'd be happy to be proved wrong and he plays a blinder.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I have zero expectations for this one. Of all the clubs it is just them and Man. C that I don’t think we are able to beat.
So I am relaxed about it, save the stress for the weekend. Mind you, you never know?

Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, Henderson, Robertson;
Thiago, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain;
Mané, Firmino, Salah

subs: Fabinho

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yes! I thought he looked ropy when he came on against Spurs (I think). Some good stuff but also some dodgy touches. I'd be happy to be proved wrong and he plays a blinder.

He was excellent against Spurs in my opinion, as he was against City and Leeds. Nothing got past him, dominant in the air, and took the ball forward with good control to relieve pressure. Funny how we get different views from the same game!

Obviously the law of sod will come into play and he'll be shite tonight

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Free hit really so I hope the boys go and play with some freedom, confidence and discipline. Keep Ali Mac for Burnley and start with Lallana. My only worry is that Ben White will be played at RB and BDB will be back in the starting XI - he's badly out of form and looks lacking in confidence. I don't fancy his (or our) chances against Firmino, Mane and Salah.

Will be a real shame if Veltman and Mac are out, just got a nice settled team going. BDB makes me so nervous every time the ball goes near him at the moment.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
This game will be littered with VAR Hooperisms, if we happen to still be in the game with 5 minutes to go Salad will throw himself to the floor in the penalty area and Hooper will see the dive as a foul by Dunk that happened 20 minutes earlier but disrupted Salads poise , thus awarding Liverpool a deserved penalty as they need the points more rule page 4179 , 3.17 paragraph 12 of VAR make it up as you go ruling .

Nailed on .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, Henderson, Robertson;
Thiago, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain;
Mané, Firmino, Salah

subs: Fabinho
Allison at wing back and no keeper.

Yeah I can’t see it myself.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Might Alzate get a game at RWB with Veltman a doubt ?

More likely White at RWB, with Webster, Dunk and BDB in the back three. No worries there - it shows what strength in depth we have, and it'll be good to have a natural left sided CB playing in his proper position; good balance.
For some reason Alzate seems to have gone completely out of favour, which is a pity. Moder and Caicedo arriving aren't going to help him either.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What I hadn’t considered is that we might well play a weakened side having played so many games in a short time and with Burnley on the horizon.

That has taken some of the wind out of my sails

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In both of those cases, Leicester and Wolves, Burn was on the left of a back 4, and was heavily targeted. And you would do that again at Liverpool?

No, BDB in his proper position at the left of a three, with Sollly at LWB. Different kettle of fish altogether.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A big downside in this game, it’s on BT.
Which means Macmannammanamaannmaman will be co-commentator.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Im normally very positive, but the thought of Dan Burn coming up against Mo Salah and Trent Alexander-Arnold fills me will dread. His worst 2 performances for us this season were against Leicester's James Justin and Wolves Adama Traore, both of whom targeted him and relentlessly ran at him tying him up in knots.

If Veltman is out and with Mane out injured, I'd rather we played a solid back 4 of White, Webster, Dunk and Burn and played Solly on the left of a midfield diamond, with a focus on supporting Burn in defence.

The rest of the team as it was for Spurs and Fulham.

The 2 games you have mentioned Burn was playing left back rather then left of 3 CB's. He is not a left back so hopefully we will play the normal formation with Ben White at right back.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
A big downside in this game, it’s on BT.
Which means Macmannammanamaannmaman will be co-commentator.

Yeh that will be horrible. 90 minutes of through a scouse prism fan TV

I've taken to watching games on mute.

I don't like the crowd noise and I don't like most of the commentators ... the way I see it, you don't get commentators when you go to a match

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
There’s a rumour on Merseyside that Allison has had a knock, and won’t be fit for tonight.

Just a rumour, don’t shoot the messenger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here