Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I wonder if Lallana will mention that he used to play for Liverpool in the build up.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
"Against a side bristling with internationals, Melia ordered his team to take the game to Liverpool. The tactic worked ...." (Albion, the first 100 years. Paul Camillin and Stewart Weir)

It'll be like 1983 all over again. :scarf:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Can we have a whip round to buy a new remote for Hoops? His VAR TV seems to be stuck on the Brighton channel.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We gave them a good game at the Amex, we’re in better form now and playing away which seems to help us. I’m not confident of a win but I don’t think we need to approach this game with any fear. Just do your stuff lads and see what happens.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just glanced at a Liverpool forum. They're talking of "giving them a pasting" and "tearing them a new one", while they discuss which players they'll rest before the tough game at the weekend.

Mind you, one poster talks about how Brighton will park the bus and try to sneak a goal, which suggests he hasn't seen us much this season

Silly stuff, Quite possible they will win but it will definitely not be easy for them.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I was quite surprised we are “only” 6-1 to win tonight on Skybet. It was 18-1 v Man City. I have still wasted a tenner though!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Welbeck to hit the winner in the 92nd minute, how dare a #teamlikebrighton ruin the post game 2 hour Klopplicking extravaganza .

COYB .

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Just glanced at a Liverpool forum. They're talking of "giving them a pasting" and "tearing them a new one", while they discuss which players they'll rest before the tough game at the weekend.

Mind you, one poster talks about how Brighton will park the bus and try to sneak a goal, which suggests he hasn't seen us much this season

I read their pre-match thread on The Red and White Kop and there was very, very little of that and a lot of respect for Potter and the way we play. Of course I still hope we tear the National Anthem booers a new one.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
"Against a side bristling with internationals, Melia ordered his team to take the game to Liverpool. The tactic worked ...." (Albion, the first 100 years. Paul Camillin and Stewart Weir)

It'll be like 1983 all over again. :scarf:

Some of us were at the better game the year before in the league:wink:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Free hit really so I hope the boys go and play with some freedom, confidence and discipline. Keep Ali Mac for Burnley and start with Lallana. My only worry is that Ben White will be played at RB and BDB will be back in the starting XI - he's badly out of form and looks lacking in confidence. I don't fancy his (or our) chances against Firmino, Mane and Salah.

Are you talking about Dan Burn, who has been fantastic his past three ganes and looks full of confidence?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we are set to run them off their feet ......i'm going for 2-2 after being 2-0 up. 96th minute penalty for the bin dippers as Burn brings Salah down with a dreadful fart , will be awarded by VAR.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Free hit really so I hope the boys go and play with some freedom, confidence and discipline. Keep Ali Mac for Burnley and start with Lallana. My only worry is that Ben White will be played at RB and BDB will be back in the starting XI - he's badly out of form and looks lacking in confidence. I don't fancy his (or our) chances against Firmino, Mane and Salah.

Firmino and Mane likely to miss the game

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Are you talking about Dan Burn, who has been fantastic his past three ganes and looks full of confidence?

Im normally very positive, but the thought of Dan Burn coming up against Mo Salah and Trent Alexander-Arnold fills me will dread. His worst 2 performances for us this season were against Leicester's James Justin and Wolves Adama Traore, both of whom targeted him and relentlessly ran at him tying him up in knots.

If Veltman is out and with Mane out injured, I'd rather we played a solid back 4 of White, Webster, Dunk and Burn and played Solly on the left of a midfield diamond, with a focus on supporting Burn in defence.

The rest of the team as it was for Spurs and Fulham.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Im normally very positive, but the thought of Dan Burn coming up against Mo Salah and Trent Alexander-Arnold fills me will dread. His worst 2 performances for us this season were against Leicester's James Justin and Wolves Adama Traore, both of whom targeted him and relentlessly ran at him tying him up in knots.

If Veltman is out and with Mane out injured, I'd rather we played a solid back 4 of White, Webster, Dunk and Burn and played Solly on the left of a midfield diamond, with a focus on supporting Burn in defence.

The rest of the team as it was for Spurs and Fulham.

In both of those cases, Leicester and Wolves, Burn was on the left of a back 4, and was heavily targeted. And you would do that again at Liverpool?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Did his username contain “Lawro”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here