Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Who’s pass released Trossard for the red card incident? Was it Dunk or Webster? Terrific ball which is getting zero credit

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A much better 2nd half, which is where GP is better than CH as he can see the problems and sort them out at half time ,but we were let down by 2 instances of poor defending and unfortunately it has to be said yet another one by Webster.

I guess we need to be resigned to the fact that Webster is your new Kayal, and you’ll just keep the flow of criticism coming until he leaves........you haven’t mentioned the fact that Dunk was at fault for the second, and missed two great chances to score........

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This day has now spiralled out of control, a young lady asked me if I wanted her seat on the tube FFS

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I’ve had the couple of times on Albion park n rides, I’m not an oldie .... soul destroying.

First time ever, 56 two weeks today

I AM NOT AN OLDIE (yet)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Seriously - Brighton did not stop Liverpool doing anything - Liverpool dominated the first 20+ and then just took their foot off the gas, giving the Brighton players more time and space. Liverpool were comfortable throughout the entire game

On Liverpool forums, supporters mention repeatedly that they found the last 20 minutes (including stoppage time) bloody uncomfortable, with their inability during that period to keep possession.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I guess we need to be resigned to the fact that Webster is your new Kayal, and you’ll just keep the flow of criticism coming until he leaves........you haven’t mentioned the fact that Dunk was at fault for the second, and missed two great chances to score........

As you mention it I will point out that Kayal has started 2 times for Charlton and 4 sub appearances in The Championship so hardly a player that we need in The Premier so perhaps my view has been vindicated.

As regards Webster I really hope that he reaches the same status as Dunk and becomes an automatic first choice. To quote the stream ' 18 months ago he was playing in Div 2 and showed that perhaps he wasnt ready for the step up.' I think that GP should take some of the blame for both goals as the obvious man to be marking VVD is our tallest man Burn but as the stream pointed out, today was the first time this season that we have conceded from a corner. and did it twice,

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Second up on MOTD, I hear. Wonder what they'll show - my guesses:
* Liverpool' goals, with build up and analysis;
* A couple of Liverpool misses to emphasise the fact that they could have scored shedloads;
* A couple of Ryan's saves (same reason as above);
* A few excellent runs and crosses from Alexander-Arnold and Robertson;
* Maybe one of Dunk's headers that didn't score;
* The sending off, with due sympathy for Atkinson not having a choice;
* ....and finally, right at the very end, Brighton's lucky (and slightly deceitful) consolation goal.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Second up on MOTD, I hear. Wonder what they'll show - my guesses:
* Liverpool' goals, with build up and analysis;
* A couple of Liverpool misses to emphasise the fact that they could have scored shedloads;
* A couple of Ryan's saves (same reason as above);
* A few excellent runs and crosses from Alexander-Arnold and Robertson;
* Maybe one of Dunk's headers that didn't score;
* The sending off, with due sympathy for Atkinson not having a choice;
* ....and finally, right at the very end, Brighton's lucky (and slightly deceitful) consolation goal.

Followed by 5 minutes chat about Liverpool, with 'Brighton' mentioned once when they tell viewers who we're playing next just before they introduce the next match

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here