Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Webster and dunk have been poor imo. Not sure how Duffy is regarded as 3rd choice these days. Baffling.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
To be fair, I'm sure if Dunk had tucked that chance away, VAR would have found a way to disallow it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

So should we come out and gamble the first 10 mins to score, with the risk of conceding?

Or slowly try and work our way back into it?

Subs early if no change in first 10 mins IMO.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
6 attempts on target, to our 1.

CP under all their managers over the last 9 seasons, have always had the same game plan (home and away). Mugs teams on the counter, with pace. It works best away from home, they’ve won everywhere with it.

Propper had 2 on target - just the second one was a deflection from some way out?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
NOBODY has won at Anfield for 44 games but don’t let that stop you ranting that we aren’t

I know that. I’m not talking so much about today or even Anfield. It’s EVERY away game against top 6 sides and our inability to even score or sometimes shoot and/or gifting goals early or easily. That’s what’s so damned frustrating and as always when compared to other teams like us...Nah, we really have an appalling record against top 6 away. I’m not talking about wins. Not draws. Nor goals. And maybe not even our appalling history of even shooting. Nope, I would settle for just cutting out our constantly ribbon wrapped gifts we seem to provide every time we go to Anfield, OT, Stamford Bridge etc. You know, make a game of it. Stay in it for more than, in many instances, people have taken their seats etc. Just once. I’m not greedy. :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Think Webster was beaten on the goal. I could be wrong.

We’re doing okay in places, but We look a bit unbalanced on the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we got promoted these were the games I was looking forward to. Today we are competing, yes we’ll almost certainly lose. In the last two seasons we have played like a lower league team in the cup in these games. I have much much lower expectations of Albion than so many of you.

I am loving this game....so far!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
To be fair, I'm sure if Dunk had tucked that chance away, VAR would have found a way to disallow it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bissouma was clearly offside and did look like he was shaping up to play the ball before he left it to Dunk. They'll have said that was enough to distract the keeper and have disallowed it. But Dunk should have still put it in the net to give them the chance to do that.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Calm down dear. We've played well. 50 - 50 possession. Same pass accuracy. Less chances.

Should be 2-1

It’s not though is it?! My god, if I had a pound for every time heard a rose tint Albion fan say that! Be richer than TB :)

Right, let’s keep it less than four please Albion. Away we go...

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Even though I'm having a whinge up, I'm actually quite enjoying this season. We will turn over one of these 'bigger' clubs away from home eventually

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We're playing really well today against one of the best teams in the world on their own turf. Really proud of the positive football.

The goals could have been defended better, but they were set piece masterclasses.

One negative has been Connolly for me. Although he looks to make good runs, he gets court inexcusably offside at times, and goes down far too easy.

That said, this ref has been horrendously pro-Liverpool.

The truth is we threw it away with yet more naive defending.
We only started playing when the game was almost certainly gone.
If we laud potter for this performance we are pretty much accepting It’s ok if we go down , as long as we knock it around a bit every now and again.
Playing well when and where it doesn’t matter are very worrying features of potterball.

I know that. I’m not talking so much about today or even Anfield. It’s EVERY away game against top 6 sides and our inability to even score or sometimes shoot and/or gifting goals early or easily. That’s what’s so damned frustrating and as always when compared to other teams like us...Nah, we really have an appalling record against top 6 away. I’m not talking about wins. Not draws. Nor goals. And maybe not even our appalling history of even shooting. Nope, I would settle for just cutting out our constantly ribbon wrapped gifts we seem to provide every time we go to Anfield, OT, Stamford Bridge etc. You know, make a game of it. Stay in it for more than, in many instances, people have taken their seats etc. Just once. I’m not greedy. :)

Last season at Anfield we were a Gross header miss on 88 mins away from getting a point. That good performance has to be written out of history because you know, entertainment

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We are worryingly poor defensively and all the better teams are going to pick us off easily. We are not sharp enough to put away any half/three quarter chances, so its clearly going to be a long season. We will lose at the Emirates defending like this and are going to be going into the Wolves game on the back of 4 straight defeats. Methinks the home games v Sheff U and Bmuff are must wins.
p.s Gross is terrible and Montoya not good enough. White is better than Webster and another striker is vital in Jan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here