Liverpool v WBA

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I wasnt watching, and I know its almost a pointless question, but was Suarez penalty claim a dive? if it was, then isnt it about time the FA or PL took some action against him?

On a separate note, someone once on here said Liverpool fans would NEVER boo their players off after a defeat, did they boo after this one?

Yeah right, I had the misfortune to go to Liverpool Fulham at anfield a couple of years ago, terrible game but the ever loyal scousers started booing after about 20 mins and targeted Lucas for plenty of abuse. Nearly as bigger myth as them all being cheeky funny salt of the earth types.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
And people say the atmos is poor at The Amex sometimes , Anfield was a morgue tonight

- - - Updated - - -

And people say the atmos is poor at The Amex sometimes , Anfield was a morgue tonight

Hardly anyone there at the end due to word got out that there will be a service starting at the Cathedral, mourning their season.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
"How shit must you be?!" has to be aimed at the Scousers. :lol:

They were whacked 3-1 at home by Aston Villa just before Christmas. Why do they get such bad results against poor teams and play well against Manchester City and United? No wonder the match-fixing scandal has included some of their matches allegedly.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I wasnt watching, and I know its almost a pointless question, but was Suarez penalty claim a dive? if it was, then isnt it about time the FA or PL took some action against him?

On a separate note, someone once on here said Liverpool fans would NEVER boo their players off after a defeat, did they boo after this one?
Wasn't a dive, he was slightly pushed and went to ground easily. Would have been a free-kick anywhere else on the pitch but embarassing to see things like that given as penaltys

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
"How shit must you be?!" :lol:

They were whacked 3-1 at home by Aston Villa just before Christmas. Why do they get such bad results against poor teams and play well against Manchester City and United? No wonder the match-fixing scandal has involved them.

WBA aren't a bad team though!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wasn't a dive, he was slightly pushed and went to ground easily. Would have been a free-kick anywhere else on the pitch but embarassing to see things like that given as penaltys

It depends on your definition of 'dive'.

I tend to define it as 'choosing to go to ground when you can reasonably stay on your feet'. So, for me, it was a dive. There was a nudge in the back, but not enough to force him to the ground, or unbalance him to the point it's unreasonable to expect him to stay on his feet. It's the sort that shouldn't given elsewhere on the pitch.

However, if you define it as going to ground when there is no contact from an opponent, it is not a dive, as there was contact.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
WBA aren't a bad team though!!

On recent form, yes they were.

On ability, no. Steve Clarke is doing a very good job there. I think it's just the recent Peter Odemwingie transfer saga that has dipped morale.

Can't believe the bookies were offering between 7/1 and 10/1 before and during the game though. They got it completely wrong.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

I tend to define it as 'choosing to go to ground when you can reasonably stay on your feet'. So, for me, it was a dive. There was a nudge in the back, but not enough to force him to the ground, or unbalance him to the point it's unreasonable to expect him to stay on his feet. It's the sort that shouldn't given elsewhere on the pitch.

However, if you define it as going to ground when there is no contact from an opponent, it is not a dive, as there was contact.

I agree he was touched but Christ if everyone fell to the floor after that touch the underground would be a mass of bodies rolling about.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I agree he was touched but Christ if everyone fell to the floor after that touch the underground would be a mass of bodies rolling about.

Agreed, and tucked in that middle paragraph I mention I thought it was a dive. I just saw another replay, it looks like suarez backs into the player, making it even worse of a dive.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Yep, the kind of thing you see from Ash and CMS week in and week out!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was watching a bit of it, and it was all one way traffic. What a mugging.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Never a penalty.

I really think this should be stamped down on. If players were honest then I reckon they would get just as many decisions as if they cheated. These days genuine penalties are often missed because referees are so cynical about the amount of diving that goes on. Suarez may have got the penalty tonight but the replay just enhances his reputation as a diver and it all becomes a vicious circle.

All very depressing.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Watched not down the pub with 2 plastic liverpools fans, really enjoyed celebrating the 2 WBA goals.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Was rather funny. 22-2 shots is not as bad as 20-0 until about 30 seconds before the goal went in. Granted few of the 20 were on target but it was a mauling, which you could just feel was going to end up in a 0-1.......... as it happened it was even better thanks to Lukaku who looked bright in the few mins he was on

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and West Brom seemed to have a TALL squad out, yet didn't just hoof it......... good to see I suppose

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
All I've heard in the media since Christmas is what a strong finish Liverpool are going to have and how they are going to threaten the top four....12 points behind....not a prayer!
They are simply not good enough and they have a manager who is taking them nowhere. He talks the talk ( yes, he does that alright ) but he is not up to the job. Reading sacked him because Madjewski saw through all the blarney and bullshit. Eventually, it will dawn on the Liverpool board and the fans but at the moment they are all desperate for him to succeed and they are still in the ' in Rafa ( sorry ) in Kenny ( sorry ) in Brendan we trust ' mode. He is a one-trick pony and out of his depth.
It will all end in tears.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports