Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool v Huddersfield

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Perhaps CH’s much hated pragmatic approach, is a better points gathering strategy, when you have a bottom 3 budget?

I can’t see Hudd going back up for years to come. Unless they make the most of parachute income, most clubs don’t.

Unless they have a mass clearcut I can see them in the bottom five next season ..wonder if the chairman is offering low season tickets prices again

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
All that, and yet City will still win the league.:shrug:

:D (Klopp emojie)

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Perhaps CH’s much hated pragmatic approach, is a better points gathering strategy, when you have a bottom 3 budget?

I can’t see Hudd going back up for years to come. Unless they make the most of parachute income, most clubs don’t.

In the worst case scenario,

I can’t see BHA going back up for years to come unless we change and make the most of parachute income, most clubs don’t !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
By leave the two centre backs in position you of course mean split them massively and then be confused why “speedster” Gordon Greer is left massively exposed.

Yes, but weren't the central midfielders supposed to drop back to cover the full backs?

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes, but weren't the central midfielders supposed to drop back to cover the full backs?

I don’t think any of our players knew what on Earth was going on.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, another complete and utter total non-event of a game to witness. Who wasn't snoozing after Liverpool scored after, what, 15 seconds ?

This League is boring as hell sometimes. Yeah I want us to stay in it, I suppose, but games like this really do seriously test the finger on the remote. Did this game REALLY need to be televised ? It was basically the equivalent of watching Connor McGregor forcibly shit on Philip Schofields chest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Liverpool’s tactics.

4-3-3.

Leave the two centre backs in position.

Push the full backs up into winger positions.

Three solid midfielders hold the centre of the pitch.

Three attacking players cause havoc.

Where have we seen this before?

2885d03a59c94d6723941ecdc33553f5.jpg

If only we could vary to this formation against non top six teams now and again. Not all the time just now and again maybe we’d be safe? Then again maybe we’d get torn a new one and be relegated already. :shrug:

At least we’d have had something to get excited about this year

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If only we could vary to this formation against non top six teams now and again. Not all the time just now and again maybe we’d be safe? Then again maybe we’d get torn a new one and be relegated already. :shrug:

At least we’d have had something to get excited about this year

It works for Liverpool because the deliveries from Robertson and Alexander-Arnold are top drawer more often than not; their midfielders also know how and when to cover for those marauding full backs. Do we have the players to do that?

What really impresses me is that they don’t get caught on the break so much like we used to do under Hyppia.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well, yes, that's true. But I still think there was a plan in there somewhere, even if no-one understood it (and it probably wouldn't have worked anyway)!

The plan did however leave Gordon Greer being MASSIVELY exposed when the other side won possession against one of the physically weakest and most inexperienced Albion midfields ever assembled (Gardner, JFC and Ince).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It works for Liverpool because the deliveries from Robertson and Alexander-Arnold are top drawer more often than not; their midfielders also know how and when to cover for those marauding full backs. Do we have the players to do that?

What really impresses me is that they don’t get caught on the break so much like we used to do under Hyppia.

It works at Liverpool because the 3 front players, none of them are wingers, all play havoc with the opposition defense with their movement.

If one of them was statuesque the whole plan would fall down because he can easily be marked out of the game by half a defender.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well, another complete and utter total non-event of a game to witness. Who wasn't snoozing after Liverpool scored after, what, 15 seconds ?

This League is boring as hell sometimes. Yeah I want us to stay in it, I suppose, but games like this really do seriously test the finger on the remote. Did this game REALLY need to be televised ? It was basically the equivalent of watching Connor McGregor forcibly shit on Philip Schofields chest.

Sky have always done this. Pre-Abramovich, people often referred to Sky Sports as ManUTV, with 15 years of wall to wall flat track bully ManU wins, and to cap it of constant reviews and documentaries about ManU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here