Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool v Huddersfield

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
At least we know the Amex is a morgue and admit it. Especially if we go a goal down.

Do we? After going around the Premiership grounds we don't do to bad. Been to Anfield a few times and atmosphere has been shit just like Chelsea Arsenal City and Utd but at least most of them don't make out it the worlds best atmosphere.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Hudd with no pressure, are suddenly playing their best football of the season.
Funny that 4-0 down with nearly half an hour to go can be deemed a good effort but hanging on at 0-0 or 1-0 down is rubbish...

ITV commentators are similarly confused. Giving praise to plucky Huddersfield for having some action around the Liverpool goal at the same time as Neville saying it's exactly what Liverpool would have wanted and makes life easy for them...

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Martin Tyler is a class act, I hope he carries on for years to come. Effortless commentary on the game in front of him.

All the other BBC/BT/Sky commentators simply create noise.

Really, I've barely heard him commentate all evening. Just waffling on about nothing in particular .

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Do we? After going around the Premiership grounds we don't do to bad. Been to Anfield a few times and atmosphere has been shit just like Chelsea Arsenal City and Utd but at least most of them don't make out it the worlds best atmosphere.

Yep, TV fans will tell you different though.

Horrendous when I've been there, obviously better than emirates and the bridge but that's hardly a yardstick.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Most Liverpool fans admit that the atmosphere at Anfield these days is poor to the 70/80’s.... and I think that is similar at many of the so called elite clubs.
However, the Anfield crowd on many a midweek European game have definitely inspired the players to give that extra push more than any other club I have seen in the UK. If you listen to most of the great managers/players Anfield is one off the best places to play at.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Should be 6 or 7 by now...

Huddersfield playing really well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep, TV fans will tell you different though.

Horrendous when I've been there, obviously better than emirates and the bridge but that's hardly a yardstick.

Are most PL grounds sterile now, unless glory’s on the cards or a rival’s in town? Even Goodison’s dead when it’s their normal fayre.

Only Molyneux (riding on the wave of new rich owners) and Selhurst get praise from the herd including Jonathan Pearce.

The gentrification of a sport at ‘elite’ level.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Eh..apart from a couple of half chances in the first ten mins....I cant c where they have been unlucky.....and hanging on not attacking...5/0 now

Hudd have been naive, throwing loads forward in attack, then getting picked off.

Perhaps the manager is weighing up their players for next season? Nothing to lose?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hudd have been naive, throwing loads forward in attack, then getting picked off.

Perhaps the manager is weighing up their players for next season? Nothing to lose?

Soul destroying for the supporters who have bothered to make the trip ...I guess one last glance at a top flight ground...Wagners era seems long gone

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Liverpool’s tactics.

4-3-3.

Leave the two centre backs in position.

Push the full backs up into winger positions.

Three solid midfielders hold the centre of the pitch.

Three attacking players cause havoc.

Where have we seen this before?

2885d03a59c94d6723941ecdc33553f5.jpg

By leave the two centre backs in position you of course mean split them massively and then be confused why “speedster” Gordon Greer is left massively exposed.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Are most PL grounds sterile now, unless glory’s on the cards or a rival’s in town? Even Goodison’s dead when it’s their normal fayre.

Only Molyneux (riding on the wave of new rich owners) and Selhurst get praise from the herd including Jonathan Pearce.

The gentrification of a sport at ‘elite’ level.

Most of them yes.

Molineux and Cardiff were decent but as you said, first seasons back. Both very different to just a short while ago back in Championship. What a little success brings eh?

John Smiths, Selhurst, King Power all artificial drum bashing.

All other London clubs deadly silence.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Soul destroying for the supporters who have bothered to make the trip ...I guess one last glance at a top flight ground...Wagners era seems long gone

Perhaps CH’s much hated pragmatic approach, is a better points gathering strategy, when you have a bottom 3 budget?

I can’t see Hudd going back up for years to come. Unless they make the most of parachute income, most clubs don’t.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Most of them yes.

Molineux and Cardiff were decent but as you said, first seasons back. Both very different to just a short while ago back in Championship. What a little success brings eh?

John Smiths, Selhurst, King Power all artificial drum bashing.

All other London clubs deadly silence.

The London biased media will bang on about WHL for ages, but it will die in time as working class supporters are squeezed out (Arsenal Mark 2). I know wealthy Spurs fans from Worthing and Crawley who rarely went before, but who’ve now signed up at £1,000 to £2,500 per seat at WHL.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Salah and Mane are really piss poor wingers. :dunce: :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here