Liverpool to bid for Wilfred Zaha(Crystal Palace)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
What a clown :lol: What a future the boy is destined to have now :lol: :lol:

He's 19. If he goes to a top Prem club in 3 years he can still have 12 years at the very top. Look at Oxlaide-Chamberlain. Moved to early and nowhere near the Arsenal first team.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
1) It would mean the fee would have to be significantly higher.
2) It's fantastic news as it shows he doesn't want out. Why would he agree to this if he wasn't planning on staying with us a while longer? He would know that a longer contract would mean clubs would have to pay a lot more for him thus decrease the chance of them coming in for him. I'm afraid it looks like he'll be ripping you apart for a few more seasons yet...
You're a fantasist aren't you? Do you honestly believe he would turn down premiership football, possibly European, to stay a Selhurst? As already posted it's the same with Bennet, unfortunately a new contract with bigger wages does not buy his undying loyalty to your club.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You're a fantasist aren't you? Do you honestly believe he would turn down premiership football, possibly European, to stay a Selhurst? As already posted it's the same with Bennet, unfortunately a new contract with bigger wages does not buy his undying loyalty to your club.

As I said, why would he agree to this if he wanted out? His chances of a immediate Prem move diminish. Ever thought he might me happy playing week in week out in a environment where he is content and close to his family and friends. I know you must be gutted by this because he's a f***ing amazing talent but get over yourself!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
As I said, why would he agree to this if he wanted out? His chances of a immediate Prem move diminish. Ever thought he might me happt playing week in week out in a environment where he is content and close to his family and friends. I know you must be gutted by this because he's a f***ing amazing talent but get over yourself!
And again, it is the same situation as was with Bennet. It won't reduce his chances of a move to the premiership whatsoever! Unfortunately there are very few players who remain loyal when a better offer comes knocking. We all want to believe that these players are bound to our clubs but it doesn't happen!

By the way, why do I need to get over myself?

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
As I said, why would he agree to this if he wanted out? His chances of a immediate Prem move diminish. Ever thought he might me happy playing week in week out in a environment where he is content and close to his family and friends. I know you must be gutted by this because he's a f***ing amazing talent but get over yourself!

Um. More money?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Um. More money?

He has years ahead of him to make millions. It's not about money with all players. Wilf only had to look at Bostock and Moses to see that leaving to early can seriously affect your career. Moses has been at Wigan for nearly 2 years now and it's only been in the last few weeks that he has been given a sustained run in their side.

Zaha is also different to Bennett, he's been with us for years and he has the club in his heart. Bennett was only with you for about a year after you signed him from Wolves.

Adam_Banana20

Nov 14, 2011
If Oxlade-Chamberlain went to Arsenal for 10 million, we shouldn't accept anything less for Zaha.
He went for 12M and you'll have to accept far less than that as you're not as rich as the saints.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As I said, why would he agree to this if he wanted out? His chances of a immediate Prem move diminish. Ever thought he might me happy playing week in week out in a environment where he is content and close to his family and friends.

Agree with this. People sometimes underestimate the importance of a stable environment to a young player. Zaha can sign a five year deal with Palace, and if he continues to progress at his current rate, he won't need to move to Liverpool for a step up to the Premiership, he'll only need to be able to drive across town. The London clubs will come calling soon enough.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Look at Oxlaide-Chamberlain. Moved to early and nowhere near the Arsenal first team.

He scored in the Champions League last week.

I agree with your point though and am actually happy to see this youngster signing long term for you, even though it's only so you'll get a decent fee for him next summer when he actually does want to leave. He won't be with you for long if you are still hanging around the lower half of the Championship.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What a clown :lol: What a future the boy is destined to have now :lol: :lol:

If he continues to progress as he has done, then he will have a great future. A mere "5 year contract" won't mean he doesn't get a move. There may even be an escape clause for say £5m which is peanuts for a Prem team.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
If he continues to progress as he has done, then he will have a great future. A mere "5 year contract" won't mean he doesn't get a move. There may even be an escape clause for say £5m which is peanuts for a Prem team.

There may well be a release clause but it'll be far higher than £5m. We turned down £4m from Liverpool over a year ago, he's only got better and better since then and he'll have 5 years on a contract.

He won't leave for at least another year, and it won't be for any less than £10m. He's better than Chamberlain.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
We turned down £4m from Liverpool over a year ago, he's only got better and better since then and he'll have 5 years on a contract.
Got anything to back that up? Find it hard to believe.

Glenn Murray said:
He's better than Chamberlain.
No he's not. Zaha looks a talent, but not on the same level as Chamberlain.

Why is Zaha yet to play for the u21s, may I ask? (genuine question)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
There may well be a release clause but it'll be far higher than £5m. We turned down £4m from Liverpool over a year ago, he's only got better and better since then and he'll have 5 years on a contract.

He won't leave for at least another year, and it won't be for any less than £10m. He's better than Chamberlain.

How long did his previous deal have to run? You may well have wanted £10m as the release clause, but presumably the player wouldn't and we all know who calls the shots these days ... the players! Even though he's of an age where you would get compo for him if he moved out of contract, it's never equivalent to what you could have got in the market.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports