Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool "open" to Teixeira move

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
No brainer to intervene here, could lead to a permanent signing for nothing. He put in some of his best performances under hughton after kayal came in.

I feel we'll come to regret this one if we let him move to another championship club on a permanent deal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No brainer to intervene here, could lead to a permanent signing for nothing. He put in some of his best performances under hughton after kayal came in.

I feel we'll come to regret this one if we let him move to another championship club on a permanent deal.

We wouldn't get him for nothing because of his age.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Provides something totally different to all those players.

Yes but you need to leave them out to accommodate him. And look what happened when Murphy is left out of the side. This is not the time in the season to experiment. I want the tried and trusted successful

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes but you need to leave them out to accommodate him. And look what happened when Murphy is left out of the side. This is not the time in the season to experiment. I want the tried and trusted successful

Absolutely, tried and tested players playing to a tried and tested system. Making three unenforced changes and giving up on the 4-4-2 that has worked so well for us all season at Cardiff, proved to be a disaster.

I hope Hughton has learned from it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Absolutely, tried and tested players playing to a tried and tested system. Making three unenforced changes and giving up on the 4-4-2 that has worked so well for us all season at Cardiff, proved to be a disaster.

I hope Hughton has learned from it.

I am seldom critical of Chris but I agree 100% it was a suicidal move. I am also not a fan of playing Zamora from the start. He is better coming off the bench these days.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Think the change in system did more at Cardiff than the changes to personel (though we missed Kayal, argueably our best player before that). It's not a bad system just a total change will affect things more than somebody who knows what they're doing swapping in for somebody else who know's what they're doing

biddles911

May 12, 2014

Think of the future! Tex is a proven quality player for us even if we don't use him this season. He would have been a great substitute for Kayal at Cardiff and, if Kayal gets injured, I don't think Kaz, Murphy or Knockaert offer enough in isolation....

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I am seldom critical of Chris but I agree 100% it was a suicidal move. I am also not a fan of playing Zamora from the start. He is better coming off the bench these days.

Don't agree with the latter point. I might agree if when he came on it was to play in a front two but, generally, when CH has brought him on he has played in a two for a few minutes before the inevitable replacement of his strike partner with another midfielder leaving BZ to do his best to hold it up on his own. Without checking I would imagine a significant majority of his goals (and shots on target) have come when he has been starting and playing in a two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here