Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool away - SUNDAY 19th / 4.30pm / ESPN - CONFIRMED!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
MON 6 FEB 2012 - PREMIER LEAGUE
LiverpoolvTottenham 20:00 TV

SAT 11 FEB 2012 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Man UtdvLiverpool 12:45 TV

SAT 18 FEB 2012 - FA CUP
LiverpoolvBrighton 15:00

SUN 26 FEB 2012 - LEAGUE CUP FINAL
CardiffvLiverpool 16:00 TV

Next 4 Liverpool matches (from the beeb). They'll deffo be resting players for ours!

I don't think we'll be on the box given how many Liverpool games have been on recently, and scheduled to be on.

I honestly believe our tie will be a nice traditional Saturday 3pm FA cup tie!

mugstud

Jan 28, 2012
According to the ESPN twitter feed they will be announcing the games and times later today/tomorrow as they are "just confirming times with the clubs"

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I don't think we'll be on the box given how many Liverpool games have been on recently, and scheduled to be on.

Does the number of times L'pool are being shown on Sky affect them being shown on ESPN ? I wouldn't have thought so, ESPN will just choose the games they want to broadcast (at a guess)

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
MON 6 FEB 2012 - PREMIER LEAGUE
LiverpoolvTottenham 20:00

SAT 11 FEB 2012 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Man UtdvLiverpool 12:45

SAT 18 FEB 2012 - FA CUP
LiverpoolvBrighton 15:00

SUN 26 FEB 2012 - LEAGUE CUP FINAL
CardiffvLiverpool 16:00

Next 4 Liverpool matches (from the beeb). They'll deffo be resting players for ours!

Full week between games = no rest reqd
Liverpool highest rated worldwide team = Sat lunchtime TV

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think that ESPN will pick Crawley v Stoke and either our game or the Saints/Millwall v Bolton game

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Full week between games = no rest reqd
Liverpool highest rated worldwide team = Sat lunchtime TV

A game doesn't have to be televised in the UK for it to be broadcast around the world. Even if it was a Sat 3pm, it still gets sold and shown globally.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Does the number of times L'pool are being shown on Sky affect them being shown on ESPN ? I wouldn't have thought so, ESPN will just choose the games they want to broadcast (at a guess)

I think there are contractual rules within the deals the broadcasters sign up to with regard to the no. of times particular teams are shown. The FA does like to pass the coverage around and they have some influence over this as I understand it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think there are contractual rules within the deals the broadcasters sign up to with regard to the no. of times particular teams are shown. The FA does like to pass the coverage around and they have some influence over this as I understand it.

The FA will do what they are told. TV companies call all the shots and all that matters is ratings.

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
Liverpool v Oldham was a Friday night but not on ESPN or ITV, but there was an internet stream from foreign channel.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We didnt find out until late Thursday afternoon when the Newcastle game was - as confirmed by doing a search on here

Not so - Newcastle was announced as Saturday/5:15/ESPN before we'd even played Wrexham in the replay. The TV money added to the incentive for winning that replay.

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011

That won't matter - ESPN and ITV will make their choices completely independently of what Sky have broadcast previously. And, they'll go for the ties likely to be most attractive to non-aligned supporters.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That won't matter - ESPN and ITV will make their choices completely independently of what Sky have broadcast previously. And, they'll go for the ties likely to be most attractive to non-aligned supporters.

I agree, but as a broadcaster you will consider that non-aligned supporters will be sick of the sight of Liverpool through January and February, and therefore the more attractive option is to show someone different like Everton or Chelsea or Arsenal - it explains why, if ITV had the pick of the ties, they didn't pick this one. We'll see anyway, but you are perhaps making a similar point.

D

Deleted member 18477

crawley v stoke is def going to be 1. so that'll be the sunday 4pm due to stoke playing on the thursday.

that leaves sat 11.30. now liverpool can't play on saturday because of everton. therefore i'd imagine it'll be fri night and not on TV OR it could be on sunday not on TV with a KO time of anything between 1pm and 3pm. my guess is it'll be nearer 1pm if on the sunday as they will want to do the draw after stevenage v spurs for the q-finals. therefore they will only want 1 game thats on ESPN to have not been played whilst they do the draw like the round just gone..

toff79

Aug 8, 2011
Everton confirmed at home on the Saturday 3pm can see this going to a friday night, hope not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here