Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool away - SUNDAY 19th / 4.30pm / ESPN - CONFIRMED!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Other point to note is that there is a good chance of our game being Friday night as has been the case in the last two rounds when both Liverpool teams at home.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
No! Stoke are playing on the Thursday!!!! In Europe!!! Hardly going to play 24hrs later.

Edit: you sneaky boy. U edited lol! Ur guess is just about right now I think!

Yeah I spotted the error and switched the two , thought no one would notice ...

D

Deleted member 18477

Other point to note is that there is a good chance of our game being Friday night as has been the case in the last two rounds when both Liverpool teams at home.

Not if our game is first pick for TV! Then it goes to ITV and they also choose the KO they want which won't be fri night.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Crawley stoke will be Sunday morning game, arsenal will be Sunday 4, stevenage saturday morning, chelsea or everton saturday evening and ours will be Friday night

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think Southampton v Bolton is in any way an attractive TV tie. Firstly, Bolton are not a big name, and secondly it would hardly be a shock. How many places are there between them in the 'pyramid'?

Stevenage definitely, and Crawley, and they'll probably do Arsenal because of the viewing figures but us no lower than fourth.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would put a large sum of money on our game being Friday night. or the Saturday 5.15 slot.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not if our game is first pick for TV! Then it goes to ITV and they also choose the KO they want which won't be fri night.

There is now way our game will the be the first pick. That has to be Stevenage v Spurs or Crawley v Stoke.

So I reckon we will be on ESPN again.

D

Deleted member 18477

There is now way our game will the be the first pick. That has to be Stevenage v Spurs or Crawley v Stoke.

So I reckon we will be on ESPN again.

Debatable. ITV love having the biggest team left in the competition. And that is Liverpool. The fact we beat Newcastle only adds to the prospect of a major shock exit for the scousers. Stevenage? Spurs will smash them. Crawley? Hmm against the most boring team in the prem! I'd say we have a very good chance of being first pick!

xbakerbob

Aug 4, 2011
Basingstoke
At the mo ESPN have slots for fa cup on Saturday lunch time and Sunday afternoon not Friday eve.ITV won`t have a game on Friday eve, and with Everton playing last Friday they will get a Satuday slot.So it`s got to be Sunday.

D

Deleted member 22389

As much as I would love the ITV slot and the chance to watch us in HD, I would prefer ESPN just in case we get completely stuffed on national TV. I said just in case.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Every time we have been on the telly i've been at the game itself so have yet to watch one in the comfort of my front room. It is, unfortunately, looking increasingly unlikely that I will be able to go to the Liverpool game as my wife said 'you are taking the piss' when I mentioned I might need to spend the weekend there. With a stag do to Prague the weekend after the Pool match i'm kind of hoping it's on the TV. ESPN can get f***ed though I don't have it so ITV please :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Every time we have been on the telly i've been at the game itself so have yet to watch one in the comfort of my front room. It is, unfortunately, looking increasingly unlikely that I will be able to go to the Liverpool game as my wife said 'you are taking the piss' when I mentioned I might need to spend the weekend there. With a stag do to Prague the weekend after the Pool match i'm kind of hoping it's on the TV. ESPN can get f***ed though I don't have it so ITV please :)

No offence mate but you need to grow some balls. This is the first trip to Anfield for 21 years. You need to get your sorry arse up there!!! :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

But with your giffgaff phones you can text and chat all you want at no extra cost - what more does she want?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
No offence mate but you need to grow some balls. This is the first time trip to Anfield for 21 years. You need to get your sorry arse up there!!! :)

I said I wouldn't get a season ticket and then did. I said it was because I wouldn't be going to any more away games, and then went to Southampton. And Reading. And Palace tomorrow. I'll see you at Anfield :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's hard to believe that we won't be 1 of the 5, when there are only 8 to choose from.

It's difficult to remove Albion bias, but in terms of attractiveness the order has to be something like...

Stevenage v Tottenham

Crawley Town v Stoke (Hate to say it but genuine chance of an old money Division 4 team knocking out a Premiership 'giant')

Liverpool v Brighton

Sunderland or Middlesbrough v Arsenal or Aston Villa

Chelsea v Birmingham

Millwall or Southampton v Bolton

Everton v Blackpool or Sheffield Wednesday

Norwich v Leicester

I'd have it something like this where actually we are in a clump of 4 possible ties where there isn't a lot to call with regard to TV preference. Everton v Blackpool would be a big game with a real FA cup history behind it, making for a nice build up. Chelsea are slowly becoming favourites and haven't been on live yet. If Sunderland go through, it's the one all Premiership tie and would get a big viewing.

One thing is for sure, I think the Bolton and Norwich ties are down the list...

Stevenage v Tottenham

Crawley Town v Stoke

Liverpool v Brighton
Chelsea v Birmingham
Everton v Blackpool or Sheffield Wednesday
Sunderland v Arsenal or

[Middlesbrough v Arsenal]

Millwall or Southampton v Bolton

Norwich v Leicester

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS