Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool Allocation

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Currently 759 left
So if no more are released are we assuming that we only took 2k?

I'm still thinking Liverpool are giving no more than 2k this season. There didn't seem to be many man city fans at anfield last weekend.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

at15155

Jan 5, 2017
So if no more are released are we assuming that we only took 2k?

I'm still thinking Liverpool are giving no more than 2k this season. There didn't seem to be many man city fans at anfield last weekend.

I may be wrong but what happened to PL teams having to give 10% of their stadium capacity up to 3000 seats to away fans?

I understand the exceptional circumstances, rivalries, derbies, policing issues, etc. but what is the issue here? Liverpool will surely wants 3k when they visit The Amex, either club accepting to take less is surely illogical…

The only circumstance I can see is that Liverpool are staggering sales to us, up to 3k, so they can sell any unsold away tickets as £90 home tickets.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I may be wrong but what happened to PL teams having to give 10% of their stadium capacity up to 3000 seats to away fans?

I understand the exceptional circumstances, rivalries, derbies, policing issues, etc. but what is the issue here? Liverpool will surely wants 3k when they visit The Amex, either club accepting to take less is surely illogical…

The only circumstance I can see is that Liverpool are staggering sales to us, up to 3k, so they can sell any unsold away tickets as £90 home tickets.
Big clubs can do what they want..... Same ole same ole.

The majority on this thread think we only took 2k to avoid having to pay upfront for 3k and not sell them all. Wish Brighton would communicate this a bit better.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Obviously all just speculation but if the club are asking for reduced allocations I’d be very surprised. Although our fanbase has its ceiling we’re currently playing excellent football, in the top 6 of the PL, Fans are back in stadiums and allocations for most are selling fast.

Surely a 3pm kick off on a Saturday at Liverpool will result in 3k being sold?? Likewise appetite for Norwich seemed like we’d shift the full lot! Granted the longer we are in the PL the less likely we are to take 2-3k to the Leicester’s/wolves/Newcastle/Burnley etc but in the current climate we’d have it wrong surely..

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Really simple question.

Why don't the club tell us how many tickets are available?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Really simple question.

Why don't the club tell us how many tickets are available?

They did initially for Norwich but it doesn’t appear that number was correct. For Liverpool they have not published the allocation so something not quite right. For a club that is usually very good at communication they have gone ever so coy about ticketing.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
In the lower divs I did loads of aways [being Midlands based]
This year I've done Getafe, Everton and Walsall u21s cup - still no chance of getting an away ticket, especially if the club don't take up their full 3k option.

perhaps they are looking at the 10% of ticket holders who don't turn up for home games and using it as a yardstick to gauge away support.....they're out of touch aren't they ..:rolleyes: i bet if we got 5 k tickets we'd sell the lot , don't forget to return the favour when the reds come our way ...:D

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
They did initially for Norwich but it doesn’t appear that number was correct. For Liverpool they have not published the allocation so something not quite right. For a club that is usually very good at communication they have gone ever so coy about ticketing.

Taken a look today and without being too idiotic and counting each and every seat individually i estimate in the 3 blocks available about 1900 seats .
Currently about 560 left plus some disabled so looking good for tomorrow and quite likely the day after , better than Norwich it would seem .

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Taken a look today and without being too idiotic and counting each and every seat individually i estimate in the 3 blocks available about 1900 seats .
Currently about 560 left plus some disabled so looking good for tomorrow and quite likely the day after , better than Norwich it would seem .

Further away. For you anyway ! It’s the big local game for us :smile:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yer I did notice it was £120 return on the train from Brighton which is crazy money for the average punter. It's a long old drive just for the day as well for an almost certain defeat.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yer I did notice it was £120 return on the train from Brighton which is crazy money for the average punter. It's a long old drive just for the day as well for an almost certain defeat.

I'm sure that all those who made the very same journey to Merseyside for the fixture last season were prepared for an almost certain defeat too. But that's far from the way it panned out.

We are a better team this time around, so a bit more reason for optimism, and getting some sort of positive result up there.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Selling like hot cakes as I expected. Always a privilege to see our club at one of the true giants of World football. Goosebumps when they sing YNWA and atmosphere is always electric.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here