Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool Allocation

el punal

with points needed for this fixture starting at 288+ it looks like yet again (as we did with Norwich) we are not taking up our full allocation and Liverpool get to sell more tickets in their home end at a higher amount than the capped £30 for away fans. what a joke !

How the hell do you know we’re not taking our full allocation? We haven’t even got to first tier sale date and already you’re making assumptions. The rule of thumb with away ticket allocation is a maximum of 3,000 or 10% of ground capacity. On that basis Liverpool can offer up to 3,000 and Norwich 2,700 (10%) as their capacity is 27,000+.

Unless it’s changed the format was that the visiting team would purchase all or part of the allocation and then sell on to their supporters. If the demand is high then the full allocation will be taken up.

Most, if not all, clubs in the Premier League have permanent designated away sections. The likelihood of selling those seats to home fans is remote indeed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Most, if not all, clubs in the Premier League have permanent designated away sections. The likelihood of selling those seats to home fans is remote indeed.

I don't think that's the case for all clubs. Some have ensured they have flexibility in order that smaller away contingents don't lead to swathes of empty seats.

There's a couple of example from West Ham, including a visit to Anfield, here:

In the case of Leicester City away in late January, the club took an allocation of 2,220 from a maximum allocation of 3,305 that it had previously taken in previous seasons.

West Ham’s upcoming Liverpool away game also has a reduced away allocation of 1,865 compared to a maximum 3,000 that the Hammers have taken in previous years. This fixture which will be played on Monday 24th February...

A club insider told Claret and Hugh that both games had lower demand as they were weekday evening matches and would have been unlikely to sell out the full allocations.​

Source >>> https://www.claretandhugh.info/west-ham-break-promise-for-full-away-allocations/

el punal

I don't think that's the case for all clubs. Some have ensured they have flexibility in order that smaller away contingents don't lead to swathes of empty seats.

There's a couple of example from West Ham, including a visit to Anfield, here:

In the case of Leicester City away in late January, the club took an allocation of 2,220 from a maximum allocation of 3,305 that it had previously taken in previous seasons.

West Ham’s upcoming Liverpool away game also has a reduced away allocation of 1,865 compared to a maximum 3,000 that the Hammers have taken in previous years. This fixture which will be played on Monday 24th February...

A club insider told Claret and Hugh that both games had lower demand as they were weekday evening matches and would have been unlikely to sell out the full allocations.​

Source >>> https://www.claretandhugh.info/west-ham-break-promise-for-full-away-allocations/

Fair enough. I would expect a smaller allocation for a despised Monday evening away trip. I take your point about some clubs having flexible home/away sections - do we have that or do the away fans have most of the South Stand?

I would be surprised though if we didn’t take a full allocation for 3.00pm Saturday kick off at Anfield. Surely this is one of THE away trips to make. All being well I’m taking my Albion mad grandson for this gig - can’t wait!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Fair enough. I would expect a smaller allocation for a despised Monday evening away trip. I take your point about some clubs having flexible home/away sections - do we have that or do the away fans have most of the South Stand?

I would be surprised though if we didn’t take a full allocation for 3.00pm Saturday kick off at Anfield. Surely this is one of THE away trips to make. All being well I’m taking my Albion mad grandson for this gig - can’t wait!

It's a 6-pointer as well! :ascarf:

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

Yes the club can section off parts of the south stand concourse to adjust the seating available for away fans if necessary .
Regarding your second para i would prepare to be surprised if i were you although we will only know for sure when the tickets go on sale if some fool is prepared to count them !

Last edited:

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Would dearly love to know how we are going to increase our number of points if we have next to no chance of buying an away ticket.

Realistically if you have not a lot of points it is going to be difficult . Probably the best way is to look out for and attend less popular matches where your chances of getting a ticket are better and usually more points awarded , games such as carabou cup both home and away and early rounds of fa cup with less attractive opposition . Also remember each season end the points for everyone are reduced proportionately so at least the target does not keep getting further away .

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It is difficult for the club to know what demand would be like this season, but I would be surprised if we couldn't shift 3000 at Anfield for a 3pm Saturday Kick Off.
To be honest, I hadn't even thought about going because I just assumed I would not have the points required, and we would sell out our allocation.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Would dearly love to know how we are going to increase our number of points if we have next to no chance of buying an away ticket.

We hear this every year. It is the fairest way to do it, the people that go to every or virtually every away match deserve the right to buy tickets first.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We hear this every year. It is the fairest way to do it, the people that go to every or virtually every away match deserve the right to buy tickets first.

Rewarding continuous seasons as a season ticket holder was also a good initiative.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
In the lower divs I did loads of aways [being Midlands based]
This year I've done Getafe, Everton and Walsall u21s cup - still no chance of getting an away ticket, especially if the club don't take up their full 3k option.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yep sure did

I don’t know whether you have the 200 points for max continuous holding of a ST. If you do then I reckon a few seasons of doing the likes of Newcastle and Burnley away (always go to general sale) and the League Cup and FA Cup games will see you being able to take your pick of aways. The top two groups are surprisingly fluid. It really isn’t a closed shop but everyone at the top of the points tally has done the hard miles and earned it.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Bit concerned that a new season ticket holder friend of mine won’t be able to go to Villa (A) as planned as I assumed we would ask for 3000 tickets. No chance if we don’t take the full allocation.

It is a Saturday 15:00, so we should take the full allocation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
I don’t know whether you have the 200 points for max continuous holding of a ST. If you do then I reckon a few seasons of doing the likes of Newcastle and Burnley away (always go to general sale) and the League Cup and FA Cup games will see you being able to take your pick of aways. The top two groups are surprisingly fluid. It really isn’t a closed shop but everyone at the top of the points tally has done the hard miles and earned it.

It will take a few years I recon. Lived in Scotland for fifteen years then came back home cause of grandchildren. We accumulated a few points by buying tickets then lock down happened we put ourselves on the waiting list and paid for season tickets. Nearly all our accrued points were lost due to that so we are starting from scratch. I do agree that loyalty should be rewarded but if the club do not get their full aocation for one reason or another the sale doesn't reach us.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bit concerned that a new season ticket holder friend of mine won’t be able to go to Villa (A) as planned as I assumed we would ask for 3000 tickets. No chance if we don’t take the full allocation.

It is a Saturday 15:00, so we should take the full allocation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon your mate will be ok if he’s a ST holder. The PL novelty has worn off a bit and Villa Park is still a 7 hour round trip and won’t be a new ground for many.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
No chance? Plenty of tickets available now for Leicester (15 points), home cup games, etc.

We barely sold half our allocation to Burnley but if you’ve done that, the Swansea and Leicester cup games then you’ve accumulated 45 points.

Last time we played Liverpool away pre-covid was on a Saturday and we only took 1800. Not sure even out lofty position in the league will change the demand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here