Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool - 20/21 Champions

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
With Villa, Forest and various UEFA/ECWC winners, a lovely era wasn’t it? As a kid, I somehow was allowed to stay up to see highlights on Harry Carpenter’s Sportsnight.

This! I can hear the Intro music and see the grainy pictures as Liverpool played away at some soviet ice station with a 60k crowd, 59k of whom were from the local barracks and all dressed in khaki greatcoats. Barry Davies would be commentating and sound like he was muffled depending on where the satellite was. And the whistles. A constant din of whistles.

Always followed by either Cagney & Lacey, The Rockford Files, Starsky & Hutch etc before ‘Close’. Or Barry Norman if Tuesday. Yep, that was 70s/80s BBC1 late night tele...before channel 4 turned up with their naughty red triangle alternative viewing ???

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Which would be fine - if their fans and plastics weren't so insufferable. And the mantra "this means more" - oh f*ck off does it. Every club is special to their own fans. But Liverpool fans seem to operate under the misconception that WE should all think they're special too. This perpetual fawning is stoked up by a permanently starstruck media as well.

Yes the team and manager have been undeniably excellent the last 2-3 years and they deserve the title. But boy are we gonna be reminded of it from all sides. Forever.

For
Ever

If you listen to the plastics on 5 live. We have our own by the way, they even write books.

Spending a lot of time in Liverpool I don't sense it. The city centre pre-match has that authentic feel. Save your hatred towards Arsenal, they define plastic.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If you listen to the plastics on 5 live. We have our own by the way, they even write books.

Spending a lot of time in Liverpool I don't sense it. The city centre pre-match has that authentic feel. Save your hatred towards Arsenal, they define plastic.

Great city isn’t it, we’ve had many a good weekend there. Which I also felt in Glasgow and Edinburgh.

It’s inevitable and natural that a club which has had great football teams over much of 55 years has attracted fans all across the world. If Everton or Spurs for example ever start winning things, their hardcore supporters certainly won’t turn their growing fanbase away.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Whether or not you have any time for Liverpool and their fans, you have to say that that group of players deserve it. They didn't quite get there last year and just dusted themselves off and carried on. Reminds me a bit of our two year promotion campaign.

Hadn't thought of it like that, very true.
Congratulations Liverpool, very well deserved. Great to watch, and I like Klopp too.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

I am with Easy on this. Going to Anfield has been in the last two seasons for me very enjoyable. Liverpool fans and people have been great. Just when you get into the ground and you get the "This means more" shit shoved in your face it rightly annoys the shit out of me. Their fans also seem to be oblivious to tha fact that this might actually seem a bit big headed wrong and wankery. Come back to us when your club has nearly been demoted out of the EFL or even demoted plenty have.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I struggle with the hatred towards Liverpool generally. Won the league very early playing attractive attacking football.

Authentic old school football club with a proper history. It fell behind after the First Division "re-brand" in the shadow of the corporate Goliath that is Manchester United and the new money non-entities of Manchester City and Chelsea.

They also have a great intelligent manager.

It is a great team and a great very likable manager. Just that some of us lived through the 70's and early 80's when they were the corporate Goliath that got whatever they wanted...Lawrenson for example.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Congrats to Liverpool, a cut above the rest.

Now please roll over, 3 pts for us at the Amex. Its not the right time for a PL points record

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
After a few hours sleep due to my phone not stopping all night, although nothing compared to Kenny’s apparently just wanted to say thank you to the Brighton fans who take an interest in the Reds on here. Last night was magical to a lot of people who have waited so long.
Personally I can equate it to my first view of the new stadium. So many hopes, so many dreams, setbacks, obstacles and yet in the end the physical realisation of seeing it in the flesh. The headlines on the BBC website, Liverpool champions after 30 years, like Falmer a dream turned reality.
So special in a year that has been blighted by tragedy.
Plus my beloved Seagulls staying where they belong.
YNWA

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

IMG-20200626-WA0000.jpg

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m sick of it already. Will be trying to avoid the radio today.

Half the so called scousers have never ever been to Liverpool let alone a game.

I love the city, but some of their fans are sickening, you are not a special club. No more than any other club.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Which would be fine - if their fans and plastics weren't so insufferable. And the mantra "this means more" - oh f*ck off does it. Every club is special to their own fans. But Liverpool fans seem to operate under the misconception that WE should all think they're special too. This perpetual fawning is stoked up by a permanently starstruck media as well.

Yes the team and manager have been undeniably excellent the last 2-3 years and they deserve the title. But boy are we gonna be reminded of it from all sides. Forever.

For
Ever

Not helped by Albion fans on NSC fawning over their title win. I seem to remember people clapping Stephen Gerrard when he was warming up at the Amex as well.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Congratulations to Liverpool, great team and a great manager.

Better than Man U, Chelsea or City winning it IMHO.

I hope the bitterness on this thread doesn't see it sent to the bear pit.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
You have to say Klopp is an amazing manager, not just for his exploits at Liverpool but at Dortmund as well.

It is slightly wearying when people hold up these managers who head up powerhouse clubs with unlimited resources and national teams players as ‘amazing.’ The amazing managers for my money are those that achieve success getting the most out of limited resources in the lower and non-leagues. The PL isn’t a competitive league by any stretch, and, barring the anomaly of Leicester City’s win, it’s almost exclusively a title scrap between five or six teams each season.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Indeed, the bitterness is uncalled for. Can't argue, they've been superb this season. They are a big club, they have a lot of armchair fans but that's modern football

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Got in the car this morning for the drive to work, glorious sunshine over the downs, past the Amex and joined the A27 heading west....

"You'll never walk alone" comes on the radio and then some scouser proclaiming no club deserves this more, after all the hurt in the past 30 years....

Really....
3 Fa cup trophies
4 League cup trophies
3 Charity Shields
1 UEFA Cup
2 Champions Leagues

Yeah really suffered ain't ya....

Oh fecking do one, switched off the radio.....

If only it was as easy as that to stop them bleating on, and on, and on.....

Reminds of a time working in St Helens and I was looking for an address in the AZ and it was fairly old, you know pages loose, and torn etc.
All of a sudden one of the fitters in the van leans over and snatches a handful of the loose pages, and just throws them out the open window...
"what did you do that for, that was Liverpool city centre page"
quick as flash "I've done you a favour" was his reply.....

Still laugh at that

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I don't think it's bitterness, more of a footy banter type thingy.
They deserve to win it, as their football is years ahead of anyone else.
The Albion will never emulate Liverpool in my life time, and I'm 99 :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here