Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool - 20/21 Champions

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just a bit of banter really :lolol: Good luck to them, can’t beat that feeling of celebration the day at the Amex after we got promoted was incredible, and in some ways I actually feel sorry for them not having a proper chance to celebrate an entirely deserved title, that’s pretty crap really.

The players and fans don’t seem too perturbed.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
bcd96b3dfbfc6170984b543d7c6fc5e5.jpg

Game of spot how many people I can see wearing a Liverpool shirt tomorrow.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yeah but Liverpool didn’t also win 13 Premier League titles and five FA Cups in those 27 years, did they? :D

Blimey! Are you a Man U loving Palace fan?

I hate to ask, but did you also vote tory in 1997?
Want Steve Davis to beat Alex Higgins?
Prefer Swap Shop to Tiswas?
Duran Duran over Spandau?
Do you think Pepsi tastes better than Coca-Cola?
Did you used to watch the FA Cup Final on ITV?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Blimey! Are you a Man U loving Palace fan?

I hate to ask, but did you also vote tory in 1997?
Want Steve Davis to beat Alex Higgins?
Prefer Swap Shop to Tiswas?
Duran Duran over Spandau?
Do you think Pepsi tastes better than Coca-Cola?
Did you used to watch the FA Cup Final on ITV?

No I hate them with a passion, Paul Nixon ensures that. Pointing out the massive difference between the success of Liverpool and Manchester United made you think I support them? That’s weird.

I didn’t bother with the rest of your drivel, sorry.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Happy for all my scouse friends or sons of who follow Liverpool passionately and have done for generations. All those celebrating in KL, Manila and California plus those here in the UK that tomorrow will need to be told ‘their’ team won...well, naturally, they can all do one!

Congrats LFC and Jurg, a top manager and likeable guy. Outstanding team. They’d won it months ago in fairness.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I struggle with the hatred towards Liverpool generally. Won the league very early playing attractive attacking football.

Authentic old school football club with a proper history. It fell behind after the First Division "re-brand" in the shadow of the corporate Goliath that is Manchester United and the new money non-entities of Manchester City and Chelsea.

They also have a great intelligent manager.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
They were also flying the flag of England in my youth in Europe, winning 4 European Cups in 7 years between 1977- 1984

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
No I hate them with a passion, Paul Nixon ensures that. Pointing out the massive difference between the success of Liverpool and Manchester United made you think I support them? That’s weird.

I didn’t bother with the rest of your drivel, sorry.

You were always touchy you Duranies.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
With Villa, Forest and various UEFA/ECWC winners, a lovely era wasn’t it? As a kid, I somehow was allowed to stay up to see highlights on Harry Carpenter’s Sportsnight.

Glorious stuff! And was sometimes some decent boxing to watch too. Staying up to watch that was a big treat.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
With Villa, Forest and various UEFA/ECWC winners, a lovely era wasn’t it? As a kid, I somehow was allowed to stay up to see highlights on Harry Carpenter’s Sportsnight.

Forest won it twice at that time, and yet the England team were useless which is a head puzzler. Probably the greatest era of club football in English history, but there wasn't the influx of huge TV money with all the foreign talents of todays era as well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Turned on the radio, heard some (Surrey-sounding) prick declaring that "NO OTHER FANS IN FOOTBALL HAVE SUFFERED MORE THAN LIVERPOOL FANS THESE LAST 30 YEARS".

Turned off radio. Considered spitting at it. Resisted. Grabbed beer. Sat in garden. Sighed.

Christ, they are insufferable. And this is just the start :facepalm:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I struggle with the hatred towards Liverpool generally. Won the league very early playing attractive attacking football.

Authentic old school football club with a proper history. It fell behind after the First Division "re-brand" in the shadow of the corporate Goliath that is Manchester United and the new money non-entities of Manchester City and Chelsea.

They also have a great intelligent manager.

Which would be fine - if their fans and plastics weren't so insufferable. And the mantra "this means more" - oh f*ck off does it. Every club is special to their own fans. But Liverpool fans seem to operate under the misconception that WE should all think they're special too. This perpetual fawning is stoked up by a permanently starstruck media as well.

Yes the team and manager have been undeniably excellent the last 2-3 years and they deserve the title. But boy are we gonna be reminded of it from all sides. Forever.

For
Ever

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here