Live from the ticket office

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
But in fairness a lot don't!

Could you give an example of when you've paid more than the given price of an item, by way of a CC companies fee?

I can only think of event tickets where this happens :ohmy:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
no definately heard the message and it cut me off!!!

they can go and f*** off now....34 f***ing years of supporting this club, writing letters going on marches.....FFS

Oh go on try again, its just one of those things. Bet you get through this time.... :thumbsup:

Would also be useful to see if you do. We can get insider to look into if you don't.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Could you give an example of when you've paid more than the given price of an item, by way of a CC companies fee?

I can only think of event tickets where this happens :ohmy:

Yes it is normally event tickets especially when booking over the phone, although as mentioned by somebody this is normally described as a delivery fee which kind of justifies it somehow.

I have however been charged an admin fee for using card at some small retailers before.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
no f*** em.

if they dont want my custom then what do I care.

Ill arrange a game of golf instead

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
no f*** em.

if they dont want my custom then what do I care.

Ill arrange a game of golf instead

Either way if it rains you're getting wet!!

And it will cost you more in lost balls.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Either way if it rains you're getting wet!!

And it will cost you more in lost balls.

not the way I am playing this year;)

as I said its just symptematic of the club at the moment.

I have just had enough of this mickey mouse stuff now.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
not the way I am playing this year;)

as I said its just symptematic of the club at the moment.

I have just had enough of this mickey mouse stuff now.

I was basing it on the way I play! I always bank on losing at least three or four balls! Unless I'm hitting it soooo badly that they don't go far enough to be lost :lol:

Based on this thread it sounds like you were just unlucky not to get through so have another go.

Although not good when out of four of us one didn't make it. Suggests a problem of sorts.

Bugs Hill

Jan 13, 2004
What the f***. I have just hung on for 17 minutes to finally get through where a message says there is no-one available to take my call

Well they can go an d f*** off if they think I am paying my good money for the Hartlepool game now.

FFS

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Exactly the same happened to me ... after 17 minutes 50 seconds of waiting through 10 queue positions!!

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I bought a ticket online for a gig recently. I was charged about 33% over face value to cover booking fee, transaction fee, postage etc.

The tickets were only available from this one vendor, on-line, so why didn't they just quote an 'all-in' price at the beginning

It would make sense!?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Exactly the same happened to me ... after 17 minutes 50 seconds of waiting through 10 queue positions!!

post it on Ask The Club so insider can get it snorted out

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I was 10th in the que and it took me 15mins to get through, then about 30 seconds to buy the ticket, what on earth where the other 9 people in front of me doing???

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The tickets were only available from this one vendor, on-line, so why didn't they just quote an 'all-in' price at the beginning

'cos the higher price might put people off. when you've waited 20/30 mins in a queue you are less likely to refuse to pay the extras (unless you are trigger!)

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I phoned the ticket office a couple of weeks ago, the que position moved very quickly.....until I got to two. I was number two in the que for about 10 minutes.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I phoned the ticket office a couple of weeks ago, the que position moved very quickly.....until I got to two. I was number two in the que for about 10 minutes.

A number two always takes that bit longer I find.... :glare:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
oh dear................I,m no.11

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports