[Other Sport] Littler, 16, to prepare for world darts final with omelette and pizza

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
If you can be bothered to go back through his twitter feed Wayne Mardle took on the snooker crowd a while back saying a nine darter was harder than a 147 break. Now in my opinion that seems like a load of old bollocks but the numbers he produced about the number of televised nine darters achieved compared to televised 147s did support his claim.

Bringing it back on topic the lad can eat what he wants as far as I'm concerned as long as he keeping slinging like he has been. It's been marvelous to watch. If Humphries plays like he did last night then he certainly won't brush him aside like he has everyone else so far. I'm very much looking forward to it.
It would be interesting to see his stats to back up the claim.

I would imagine there must be many more legs of darts played in a professional season than frames of snooker making the likelihood of a 9 darter greater if they were of equal probability.

There is also more ways to make a 9 darter than a 147.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It would be interesting to see his stats to back up the claim.

I would imagine there must be many more legs of darts played in a professional season than frames of snooker making the likelihood of a 9 darter greater if they were of equal probability.

There is also more ways to make a 9 darter than a 147.
Can't be bothered to go back through his Twitter but a quick google has thrown up the following

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Assuming Luke threw first, his opponent scored 59 in 6 darts - that isn't winning speedboat...
Hitting a 9 darter at 14, and being in a final at 16 is a seriously scary talent.

Could be the next Phil Taylor if he hangs around long enough and continues his dominance

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Can't be bothered to go back through his Twitter but a quick google has thrown up the following

Thanks, not too much in the way of statistical analysis there - it happens "a lot" in snooker according to Mardle :)

1704300239367.png

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Hitting a 9 darter at 14, and being in a final at 16 is a seriously scary talent.

Could be the next Phil Taylor if he hangs around long enough and continues his dominance
Or he could go mental with a sniff of fame like Emma Raducanu. So hard to tell how people will grow up as humans, aside from their sport.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
No, and i think thats a bit of a leap on your part.
But I think it's funny that you mention that, because I do think at the moment saying things like Littler would beat Taylor at his peak, is very much like saying Brighton's season last year makes them the greatest team of all time.
Ok calm down , I didn't say the 2 lukes would beat him, I just asked the question...would he have got past them last night, especially the 2nd game. I don't remember Taylor coming up against that too often.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All you need to know on the subject - Gary speaks sense.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The fact it’s even made a thread on NSC (about his diet and appearance) as well as the usual non darts fans commenting on darts being easy or a pub game, just shows how far the media have pumped this already. Sad.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The fact it’s even made a thread on NSC (about his diet and appearance) as well as the usual non darts fans commenting just shows how far the media have pumped this already. Sad.
It's almost like a free hit to mention a dart players appearance...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
No, and i think thats a bit of a leap on your part.
But I think it's funny that you mention that, because I do think at the moment saying things like Littler would beat Taylor at his peak, is very much like saying Brighton's season last year makes them the greatest team of all time.
Ok, comparing Littler and Taylor is dumb, but the hype about him as a incredible, young newcomer seems perfectly justified.

Adds a bit of colour to a dull time of year, post-Xmas. Viewing figures tonight will be huge.

PS Presenters on TalkSport pondered yesterday whether he'd be the greatest teenage sportsman of all time in he wins tonight. :ROFLMAO:

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Ok, comparing Littler and Taylor is dumb, but the hype about him as a incredible, young newcomer seems perfectly justified.

Adds a bit of colour to a dull time of year, post-Xmas. Viewing figures tonight will be huge.

PS Presenters on TalkSport pondered yesterday whether he'd be the greatest teenage sportsman of all time in he wins tonight. :ROFLMAO:
He has been playing brilliantly, and it would be incredible if he wins. All I'm saying is the hype is getting carried away.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton

Here's hoping he doesn't buy a motorhome for 'entertaining'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports