Little twat insulting Tom Daley on twitter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I agree about the freedom of speech. Surely if he'd received say 30 complaints then his account should be suspended until they review it. It took ages for them to close him down and that can't be right.

Try going onto twitter and typing to various celebs or other people "news.bbc.co.uk best www page there is. please RT". Send this to say 35 people and you'll be suspended somewhere between the 20th and 35th time I reckon. So don't understand why they can't do something that says xyz complaints and you're suspended. If it's freedom of speech issue, they'll just unsuspend the account again.

Yeah I understand your point, but I think that's too easy to abuse. You could get some of your mates to all report one person to get them suspended for no reason. Just too open for abuse. There needs to be better control, though.

Joey Barton has actually made some good points about this today, suggesting that getting the police involved was ridiculous because this kid would clearly never kill someone, and for the police to search through his [Barton's] timeline and arrest everyone threatening to kill him [Barton].

I'm sure Barton gets a lot of death threats and various other malicious messages.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Yeah I understand your point, but I think that's too easy to abuse. You could get some of your mates to all report one person to get them suspended for no reason. Just too open for abuse. There needs to be better control, though.

Joey Barton has actually made some good points about this today, suggesting that getting the police involved was ridiculous because this kid would clearly never kill someone, and for the police to search through his [Barton's] timeline and arrest everyone threatening to kill him [Barton].

I'm sure Barton gets a lot of death threats and various other malicious messages.

I agree it is a very fine line. Particularly as twitter and facebook also had and has a part to play in the arab springs - so would not want censorship, etc. However, if I wrote someone an email and said I was going to find the receipiant and drown them, i'd expect to have a call from the police, so you can't just write whatever you want without consequences and matey is gonna find that out. I was watching the venom that came out of this little sh1ts fingers last night and just could not understand how I was suspended so quickly on twitter, yet he was allowed to carry on free to make more death threats. Just seems like somethings a bit mixed up.

I fully understand what I did wrong so am not against my punishment, but was just shocked that he could carry on as he willed.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Haven't read the whole thread but it looks like some are saying he has freedom of speech. If you look at his other tweets you'll notice he is a vile racist. That certainly isn't freedom of speech. The guy who racially abused Muamba has only just been released from jail so it wouldn't surprise me if this kid ended up there too.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Surely you have to treat public tweets in the same way as you would someone standing in the street shouting it...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Surely you have to treat public tweets in the same way as you would someone standing in the street shouting it...

Well, anyone of Twitters 500 Million users could see what he put and considering i would have thought there would have been thousands of complaints about what has been said - Police had to take action.

Also, the kid is actually from Weymouth, not actually on holiday. So he basically lives in a B&B.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Wow, the way he was talking I assumed he was a gangster from London. Wonder if he's on Hols with his parents? Would be hilarious if he was a middle-class boy from a suburb somewhere.

Also, the kid is actually from Weymouth, not actually on holiday. So he basically lives in a B&B.

bloody knew it. They should throw him on the streets of London with no money or phone and see how far his attitude takes him.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
He only "apologised" after he realised he had Sky News on his back. He claimed he did not know that Daley's dad had died which is clearly crap but still did not apologise for the numerous hateful tweets that he had sent prior to the one above. Look him up on twitter and look back through his tweets over the last couple of days. You will have precisely NO sympathy with him if, as I hope, he's now facing the wrath of the internet.

I had no idea his dad died until this whole palava.

Daley's dad would be proud of that fantastic Bronze he got today!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We hurl all types of abuse at football matches and that is deemed acceptable.

What sets social media apart from the above?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports