Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lingard looking for a loan move....

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We watch reasonably regularly Dan Burn struggling in the PL a player who forgets what side he’s on now and again yet some are horrified at the thought Jesse Lingard :shrug:

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Newcastle would be the perfect move for him- he would start every week no question and they can afford his wages. Sorted!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was never a big fan, but watching him closely Lingard is very good at two touch football and increasing the tempo at which a team plays. If you watch carefully, he always increases the tempo, but he never takes a player on and tends to panic at the three touch, four touch mark (something Webster has improved recently :wink:).

However, he does improve a team that can be slow to build up in attack, which is sometimes levelled at us, but I think GP is trying to coach a few we already have to do that (and maybe a bit more besides) at a considerably lower fee and wages :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not good enough for us

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Surely after his West Ham loan it will only be clubs of that stature or upwards?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Newcastle would be the perfect move for him- he would start every week no question and they can afford his wages. Sorted!

They can actually afford to double or triple his wages without much care or thought. Anyone betting that he won’t be in the black and white come February is bonkers. Nailed on (with Trippier, Winks & Alli to follow).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They can actually afford to double or triple his wages without much care or thought. Anyone betting that he won’t be in the black and white come February is bonkers. Nailed on (with Trippier, Winks & Alli to follow).

Yep. Exactly the kind of player they will sign - out of contract, disillusion with current club and wanting huge wages.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Not a bad shout, that!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He should move in January. I admire his determination to try and make it work at the club he loves but he’s a brilliant player and a great character and he’s criminally wasted on the bench there.

If I was Sancho I’d also push for a move already. Another brilliant player whose career is being ruined by that fraud of a manager.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011

Yeah in theory Newcastle have infinite cash. Their spend on players and wages will be limited eventually by FFP but they will be pretty free spending for a year or two within reason.

They can get their state funded sponsorship deals going (shirts and stadium), and can have an unlimited spend on infrastructure- which they will need as I assume MA spent pretty much nothing on that- so the whizz bang training ground with property development / regeneration on the cards plus whatever else they can pump money into.

Maybe buy up a few feeder clubs in Europe?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yep. Exactly the kind of player they will sign - out of contract, disillusion with current club and wanting huge wages.

Maybe, but l certainly can't see him signing any kind of permanent deal there until next summer, when the threat of relegation is over, and the Magpies can start again with a clear slate and probably nearly a team full of new signings.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Maybe, but l certainly can't see him signing any kind of permanent deal there until next summer, when the threat of relegation is over, and the Magpies can start again with a clear slate and probably nearly a team full of new signings.

More likely would just have a relegation release clause I suspect

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here