Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LINGARD - Anyone else notice that we've become even worse since he's has arrived?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lingard has added absolutely nothing to the team and is basically keeping our own prospects from developing. He certainly has done no better than Lua Lua on his starts yet he never gets to kick off. Complete waste of time and money.

Which of " our own prospects" has he prevented developing.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He's been good, good awareness and can produce a good final ball. He isn't a goal scorer he likes to play behind 2 strikers. HINT. HINT.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
He's been good, good awareness and can produce a good final ball. He isn't a goal scorer he likes to play behind 2 strikers. HINT. HINT.
No chance here then. :lol: TWO strikers? That kind of comment belongs in Leicester or Burnley!!............. oh

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Lingard has added absolutely nothing to the team and is basically keeping our own prospects from developing. He certainly has done no better than Lua Lua on his starts yet he never gets to kick off. Complete waste of time and money.

Clueless. He's about 3 times the player LuaLua is.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I've seen Jesse play for years (from when my cousin was at United with him) and he always played off the left in a 4-3-3. Personally I do think he's much better behind the striker with decent pacy wingers either side of him. But to end the argument......his position has ALWAYS been off the left in a 4-3-3.

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex

Whilst Lua Lua is erratic, you know what you are going to get...it amazes me, if true, that Man Utd can pick our team for us.....who would accept that exactly?

So whilst the above is a bit too damming, I'm with him....he does though add something...not sure what it is...but something...

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Director of Football responsible for the fact that he has automatic selection, tying the hands of the manager who would have to make changes to accommodate this. Lingaard is NOT the player we were told about, billed by the clubs website as a striker, who has now morphed into an attacking midfielder because he cannot score a goal. Most people in the stands could see he wasn't up to it in this division from his first match and as such, we are now carrying a player in the team. How does his automatic inclusion make the other team members feel? Yes our form has dropped since he has been here as the balance of the team has needed to be adjusted for him to play. I here some on here say that his tracking back is good, but does he make a tackle, too lightweight to make a difference. Manchester United are trying to shift him and at £5m they have no chance, he will never make a first team appearance for them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
"Even worse". Sorry, what league position were we in when we joined?

**** me. We have the most demanding fans in the country.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Utter Garbage. He is three times the player if the game is who can be pushed around like a feather.

It's really, really not. Lingard has much better vision and positional sense and is vastly superior technically.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It's really, really not. Lingard has much better vision and positional sense and is vastly superior technically.

Three times? Yeah ok then, that's obviously why he's made such a positive impact as opposed to when Lua Lua comes on the pitch. :dunce: Better vision is uselss if everytime someone brushes your arm you fall over.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Three times? Yeah ok then, that's obviously why he's made such a positive impact as opposed to when Lua Lua comes on the pitch. :dunce: Better vision is uselss if everytime someone brushes your arm you fall over.

But as BensGrandad asks, which of our better prospects is he preventing from developing?

We've had loanees at the Amex who are far worse than Lingard. FAR worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here