Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Linesman tells Lescott to see fans

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I cant make out what he's saying first or why he came out with it.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
thought the guy was great for saying that when I was watching it live, nice to hear the lino having some understanding!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Weird thing to do / say

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I'm sure a charge for bringing the game into disrepute will be heading his way from the FA soon !

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Im glad this is being brought up and reported. Fans not Customers £62 for ticket what £40 for train ticket £50 for food and refreshment minnimum. £150 day out f*** me football is expensive.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
thought it was good for the linesman and players to show some appreciation for the fans but in a way it does kind of send out a mixed message... the fans who boycotted the game because of the £62 tickets were being praised for taking action against ridiculous prices... and the fans at the game were being praised for making so much effort and paying lots of money to see their team.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
That's a bit weird. From reading the description I thought Lescott must have been walking off or something. That looks like the post match centre circle handshakes. Was Lescott planning on not acknowledging the fans? And if so, how does anyone know that?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I cant make out what he's saying first or why he came out with it.

He was basically telling the City players to go and thank their fans as they'd paid £62 to watch the match - this comes after the hoo-ha during the week about the ticket prices. A good mischaevous sense of humour methinks

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Thought it was good for the linesman and players to show some appreciation for the fans but in a way it does kind of send out a mixed message... the fans who boycotted the game because of the £62 tickets were being praised for taking action against ridiculous prices... and the fans at the game were being praised for making so much effort and paying lots of money to see their team.

I think they're the same argument from different perspectives. I think that the players should appreciate the support and it doesn't take much to wander over and clap the fans. I also agree that those who stayed away for the cost reasons should also be applauded for making a stand.

I saw this last night and thought then that it was a great thing for the lino to do.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
As a guy said on 606 yesterday, it's all well and good these City supporters moaning and complaining about the Arsenal ticket prices but their owners are playing a big part in making top-flight football an over priced market when paying ridiculous amounts for their players plus the staggering wages of Yaya Toure etc. They didn't appear to moan when they were asked to pay £58 to watch their team play Chelsea before christmas. Funny that. Arsenal are an easy target for the media in general. I know City supplement their ticket prices to try and fill their ground. Arsenal are a club run differently, based in London and with a far larger fan base.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here