Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Line up to start 24/25

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Another defence of Adingra. Too many games this season although injuries have forced this. If we’d have been able to use as an impact sub then I think he would have shone more. He’s not done badly as it is.
In his first season Mitoma wasn’t used all the time as a starter. Forwards need to be rested and used as subs at times.
I like Adingra too , however his defensive work is not so good. Hopefully this aspect of his game will improve.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
With the Euro's happening in just 4 weeks time, is it more likely any new additions are more likely to arrive post the tournament?

Could this force a lot of transfers towards the late stages of the transfer window?

Suspect other than Osman, I can't see many movements in until early August in all likelihood. Same for most clubs though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So nobody on this thread expects Osman to be around the squad next season, then?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So nobody on this thread expects Osman to be around the squad next season, then?
I do. Been keeping a close eye on him. Around £15m spent & finishing the season very strongly at his current club. If Barco, Enciso, Buanonotte have come straight in without added loans then absolutely no reason why this guy won’t also do the same.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maybe not ready for the start of the season, but I'm looking forward to

Bart
JPVH, Dunk, Igor
Hinsh, Gross, Barco
Enciso
Mitoma, Pedro, March

Bench
Steele
Lamptey
Veltman
Webster
Gilmour
Estupinan
Baleba
Buonanotte
Welbeck
Ferguson
Adingra

and that's without any new signings or U23s stepping up. I think we're gonna need a bigger bench :wink:

No DM/Pivot in your first team, no one with pace and power who can tackle to protect the CB’s = a recipe for more of the PL same, a win every 6 weeks.

Our CM is crying out for an overhaul.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
In addition to the wish list we need a really pace central defender. Our defence has looked very slow at times this season.

Dunk has been surpassed by JPVH, If we're to progress then we need a new Dunk, quicker and smarter . . . . . I'm sure he knows it already . . . . sad as it is to say, no one plays forever

except Keith Richards. . . . . . .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Verbruggen
Hinshelwood-Hecke-Dunk-Barco
Gross-Gilmour
March-Enciso-Mitoma
Pedro
As it stands with everyone fit I'd pick something like that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dunk has been surpassed by JPVH, If we're to progress then we need a new Dunk, quicker and smarter . . . . . I'm sure he knows it already . . . . sad as it is to say, no one plays forever

except Keith Richards. . . . . . .
He really hasn’t. Dunk is still our best centre back, by a distance.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The team line-up for our first Premier League match in August will surely indicate a return to RDZ’s favoured 4-2-3-1 formation if he has been backed in the window.

Whilst sorting our injury issues out will be a big focus (why so many?), there are areas on the pitch that just need strengthening.

1. Our best CM partnership (Groß & Gilmour) is not top 6 quality. We need at least on very good acquisition to join them.
2. We need a top level RB. Veltman is solid but unspectacular in an attacking sense and Lamptey is mostly injured.
3. If Barco is not up to challenging an in-form and fit Estupinan for the LB position yet, we need another with Perv out until the Autumn leaves start dropping.
4. We need another left footed right winger as quality back-up to Solly March.
5. We need a new CB with elite pace to stifle some of the breaks that can really hurt us.

Ideally, we’ll start the season with something like this…

———————Verbruggen———————
New RB—-JPVH———-Dunk—-—New LB
————Gilmour———New CM————-
March—————-Groß————-—Mitoma
————————Pedro————————-

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The team line-up for our first Premier League match in August will surely indicate a return to RDZ’s favoured 4-2-3-1 formation if he has been backed in the window.

Whilst sorting our injury issues out will be a big focus (why so many?), there are areas on the pitch that just need strengthening.

1. Our best CM partnership (Groß & Gilmour) is not top 6 quality. We need at least on very good acquisition to join them.
2. We need a top level RB. Veltman is solid but unspectacular in an attacking sense and Lamptey is mostly injured.
3. If Barco is not up to challenging an in-form and fit Estupinan for the LB position yet, we need another with Perv out until the Autumn leaves start dropping.
4. We need another left footed right winger as quality back-up to Solly March.
5. We need a new CB with elite pace to stifle some of the breaks that can really hurt us.

Ideally, we’ll start the season with something like this…

———————Verbruggen———————
New RB—-JPVH———-Dunk—-—New LB
————Gilmour———New CM————-
March—————-Groß————-—Mitoma
————————Pedro————————-
Just for info he’s indicated Solly out until September at least

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here