Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Line up to start 24/25

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Adingra should not be in a starting XI if we have any intention of pushing for Europe again.

Probably unpopular on here but I am not convinced by him. Needs a year as an impact player from the bench.
Adingra is a quality winger who also doubles up as a defender and centre forward but it’s a bit much to expect him to turn it on week in and week out being the only fit winger in the squad, we need another winger this summer I expect that to be one of our previous signings

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Sounds like Pervis is not going to be fit so Barco based on that display is IN.

What will our starting line up look like next season?

Bart

New right back
JPVH
Dunk
Barco

Gross/gilmour
New midfielder

Mitoma
Enciso
Adingra (until March is fit)

Pedro.

That is only signing two new players and none leaving. What else may change?
Don't think you are far away with that 11. I do expect a couple of 1st team players to be added to the squad but think we will go down the traditional route of 2 for the 1st team and 2 or 3 as potential future stars. Bear in mind we already have signed Ibrahim Osman, so hopefully a right back and central midfielder to come in and I'll be happy.

Jimmy Grimble

I think the poor lad is just exhausted.

He was very frustrating last night - constantly running the ball straight into defenders - and my opinion was that he'd been pretty poor.

However - even during a 'poor' performance, he managed to:
1. Have a shot first half, that beat the keeper and missed the near post by a foot.
2. 'Win' what was surely a penalty
3. Hit the inside of the post with a terrific late volley

He is a player that does make things happen, and always carries some threat (when the rest often don't).
I agree he is probably exhausted. He’s had to play far too many minutes for the stage of his development; that’s a combination of recruitment failure and terrible injury luck. Fair enough going into the season with him as back-up winger to Solly and Mitoma, but in January we really needed another winger to lighten his workload.

I still stand by my point that he should not be in our first XI if we’re hoping to push for Europe next year, though. Back-up/element of rotation, definitely. It would probably make him more effective and relieve some of the pressure on him.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Maybe not ready for the start of the season, but I'm looking forward to

Bart
JPVH, Dunk, Igor
Hinsh, Gross, Barco
Enciso
Mitoma, Pedro, March

Bench
Steele
Lamptey
Veltman
Webster
Gilmour
Estupinan
Baleba
Buonanotte
Welbeck
Ferguson
Adingra

and that's without any new signings or U23s stepping up. I think we're gonna need a bigger bench :wink:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Maybe not ready for the start of the season, but I'm looking forward to

Bart
JPVH, Dunk, Igor
Hinsh, Gross, Barco
Enciso
Mitoma, Pedro, March

Bench
Steele
Lamptey
Veltman
Webster
Gilmour
Estupinan
Baleba
Buonanotte
Welbeck
Ferguson
Adingra

and that's without any new signings or U23s stepping up. I think we're gonna need a bigger bench :wink:

I'd have a version of that but 4213 with Baleba Gilmour/Gross in midfield and Barco attacking LB with Julio on the bench. We need muscle and pace in that centre mid. Its where we keep getting found out. Think we need to recruit a job ready player for there too. Two if Pascal goes.

At right back I'd honestly let Velts and Lamptey go if we could get a primo, job ready right back to rotate with Hinsh and occasionally move Hinsh into midfield where necessary.

I would also NOT have renewed Milners contract.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm thinking 3 at the back

--------------Verbruggen
-------Van Hecke -- Dunk -- Igor
Hinshelwood -- New CM-- New CM -- Barco
---------Enciso --------Mitoma
---------------Pedro

With a bench of

Rushworth / Lamptey / Webster / Baleba / New CM / Buonanotte / Adingra / Welbeck / Ferguson

Also we'll have March and Estupinan waiting to com back from injury. Milner also hanging around

I think we'll no longer have, Moder and Gilmour (sold), Gross (return to Germany), Veltman (gets a nice retirement full back role in a sleepy league). But we will have the rest of the first team squad intact.

Apart from Rushworth, I don't think any current loan players, including Sarmiento and Undav will make the squad. We will re-loan Osman.

We'll have to then go and buy probably 3 or 4 centre midfielders, 1 right sided CB and 1 RWB

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We have Pedro, Welbeck and Ferguson. Why is it that I’m not convinced of their ability to fire us into the top six?
Pedro, Ferguson and Welbeck, with support from a fit and firing Enciso, March, Adingra and most importantly Mitoma - are every bit good enough to lead a European challenge.

It is the defence and midfield where we really need the injection of additional quality.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We have Pedro, Welbeck and Ferguson. Why is it that I’m not convinced of their ability to fire us into the top six?
I have the same fear. Based on:
Welbeck misses games and can't play twice in a week.
Ferguson is now an unknown quantity IMO. If we get pre April 2023 injury Evan back then he's a £100m striker in the making, post injury and knock a zero off that.
Pedro is better as a 10 or wide IMO.
OMahoney should go on loan.

The key is Undav, he's still our player. I think either he returns or we use the ~£20m we get for him to buy a striker (we've missed those threads recently....)

We need an oven ready right back and a centre mid (perhaps two). Likely to be £30m+ players IMO. Unless we find some freebie gem, like a Barkley (who I believe was only on a one year deal at Luton?)

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Adingra should not be in a starting XI if we have any intention of pushing for Europe again.

Probably unpopular on here but I am not convinced by him. Needs a year as an impact player from the bench.
Adingra has started 37 games for us this season and has seven goals and three assists. He would probably would have been used as you suggest had March not been injured. Instead, he has carried a much heavier load than would have been planned. He was playing very well before the African Nations break, but has looked very tired since. He's a young player who is learning a lot and will improve, but the season has taken it out of him a bit. See also Buonanotte, Ferguson, Hinshelwood, Baleba, Enciso and even Pedro.

If we want to push for Europe again, Adringra, like all of those, should be in the starting XI for some games, and should be rested in others. The EPL is a squad game and one positive about this injury ravaged season is that it's brought a lot of experience in a short space of time to young players who following a summer break, should return all the better for it.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Another defence of Adingra. Too many games this season although injuries have forced this. If we’d have been able to use as an impact sub then I think he would have shone more. He’s not done badly as it is.
In his first season Mitoma wasn’t used all the time as a starter. Forwards need to be rested and used as subs at times.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
In addition to the wish list we need a really pace central defender. Our defence has looked very slow at times this season.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No mention of Ibrahim Osman by anyone yet. Are we expecting him to go on loan like Adingra did or straight into training with our first team? 16 mill is a lot of money if we're just going to loan him!

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Sort the central midfield out and everyone else will suddenly look a hell of a lot better.
Yep agree don’t understand why people on here cant See how Weak we are in central midfield
we need 2 defensive midfielders , plus 1 attacking midfielder , and that is just to replace what we lost last Season .
we were short of a right back as well , we are also going to need another centre back , but hopefully we can get some players who have got some pace

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
No mention of Ibrahim Osman by anyone yet. Are we expecting him to go on loan like Adingra did or straight into training with our first team? 16 mill is a lot of money if we're just going to loan him!
But he's still very young and is playing in a bit of a backwater.

I'm 50/50 on it. I reckon the original plan would have been to loan, but given his apparently strong showing at the end of this season, we might just be tempted to take a look at him in pre season with a view to giving him a squad number. Might depend on whether we sign anyone else for the front line or what decisions are made on other loanees

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Pedro, Ferguson and Welbeck, with support from a fit and firing Enciso, March, Adingra and most importantly Mitoma - are every bit good enough to lead a European challenge.

It is the defence and midfield where we really need the injection of additional quality.
I agree, particularly if we lose Gross and/or Veltman.

However, I don't want to load any more pressure on the young lad, but I reckon Hinsh will make a big difference when he's back. He just seems to belong.
I also think Baleba and GIlmour will shine with a rock solid midfielder in with them, so I really hope the Wellbeck/Lallana/Milner type signing is a grizzled DM with a glittering career behind him.
Different level of course, but it would be like the difference it made when this fella turned out for us:
1715876875321.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here