Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Line up to start 24/25

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Sounds like Pervis is not going to be fit so Barco based on that display is IN.

What will our starting line up look like next season?

Bart

New right back
JPVH
Dunk
Barco

Gross/gilmour
New midfielder

Mitoma
Enciso
Adingra (until March is fit)

Pedro.

That is only signing two new players and none leaving. What else may change?

Jimmy Grimble

Adingra should not be in a starting XI if we have any intention of pushing for Europe again.

Probably unpopular on here but I am not convinced by him. Needs a year as an impact player from the bench.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Adingra should not be in a starting XI if we have any intention of pushing for Europe again.

Probably unpopular on here but I am not convinced by him. Needs a year as an impact player of the bench.
While I agree that he should t be playing ahead of Solly or Mitoma I think he has been a bright spark in a frustrating team this season. To come in and play so many games to a high standard has been amazing. He has had a few periods of poorish for but for me that is expected when dropped into a team, playing more than is optimal.

Hopefully next season he will get back to the optimal playing time.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Just a huge number of questions for me!

Will Hinch be a RB or CM long term?
Will Mitoma be here?
Will March ever return to pre injury form?
Has Dunk got a couple more seasons at the top level?
Can Enciso and Buonanotte kick on to fulfil their massive potential?
Will Barco displace Pervis?
Can we keep hold of Pedro?
Will Ferguson ever start scoring again?
Who replaces Grosses creativity if he leaves?
Will De Zerbi actually commit to our project and stop moaning?

The management team have a fun summer ahead trying to work all this out!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I think we played better with three at the back personally, but we're going to need a proper left sided CB. Igor is a decent squad option but not much more.

Bart

New CB (Medina?)
Dunk
Van Hecke

Hinshelwood
New CDM (a bigger, more imposing and better tackling version of Gilmour, if that exists)
Gross (if he stays, if not, Buonanotte)
Barco

Enciso
Joao Pedro
Mitoma

With any combination of Steele/Rushworth, a new RB, Veltman, Igor, Baleba, Gilmour, a new CM, Osman, Welbeck, new winger, March (if fit).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Build the team around our four young South American superstars. So excited to watch more of Barco, Enciso, Buonanotte and Joao Pedro playing together with added Mitoma.

If De Zerbi doesn’t want to stay and work with these ultra talented kids then he’s a mug.

That’s fine going forward.

But any manager worth his salt will want quality, fit fullbacks who can actually defend and defensive midfielders with pace who offer protection for 90 minutes. These glaring holes all season, resulting in 8 months of very rarely winning PL games.

Do you think the club will deliver this summer?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

Probably unpopular on here but I am not convinced by him. Needs a year as an impact player from the bench.
I’ve been saying this for months, he’s going to be great IMO but his end product is too inconsistent for starting 11, he was meant to be an impact sub and occasional starter this season, not 25+ starts.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Wrong formation if the two CM’ers include a sloth. Genuine question …. is Barco a defender, or attacker?

Bart
New RB JPVH Dunk Estupinan
Solly New CM New CM Mitoma (or Barco)
Enciso (or Gross)
Pedro
Pretty much this but Estupinan is out until October and we really do need a left footed winger to cover for March. Also - Gilmour is good enough to be in our best 11.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pretty much this but Estupinan is out until October and we really do need a left footed winger to cover for March. Also - Gilmour is good enough to be in our best 11.

Imho only with two powerhouses in CM with him. Leaving Gilmour to playmaking.

We simply don’t have that type of player just now, Baleba is very much a work in progress.

May 16, 2023
I think we played better with three at the back personally, but we're going to need a proper left sided CB. Igor is a decent squad option but not much more.

Bart

New CB (Medina?)
Dunk
Van Hecke

Hinshelwood
New CDM (a bigger, more imposing and better tackling version of Gilmour, if that exists)
Gross (if he stays, if not, Buonanotte)
Barco

Enciso
Joao Pedro
Mitoma

With any combination of Steele/Rushworth, a new RB, Veltman, Igor, Baleba, Gilmour, a new CM, Osman, Welbeck, new winger, March (if fit).
This. Except:
- I don't mind Joel or Igor as the 3rd CB but in an ideal world there's more pace there
- Not Facu as a CM
- it could be more like a 3-4-2-1 formation with the width coming from hinshelwood and perv/barco well up the pitch, which means Encisco or whoever is playing instead of March can be more central

Feb 21, 2024
my copious footy manager addiction has found some quality players that may fit us:
new cb - probably lower on the list of priorities, but itakura (25, gladbach) looks class
new cdm - ditto as above (with hinsh back and gilmour probably staying) but sivert mannsverk (21, ajax) is probably the best bet
new rw - BREAK THE BANK FOR KUBO (22, sociedad)
new cms? williot swedberg (20, celta vigo), maurits kjærgaard (20, rb salzburg)
new rb - juanlu sanchez (22, sevilla)? we were linked with him and he seems to be a bright spot in sevilla's disasterclass this season

Feb 21, 2024
my copious footy manager addiction has found some quality players that may fit us:
new cb - probably lower on the list of priorities, but itakura (25, gladbach) looks class
new cdm - ditto as above (with hinsh back and gilmour probably staying) but sivert mannsverk (21, ajax) is probably the best bet
new rw - BREAK THE BANK FOR KUBO (22, sociedad)
new cms? williot swedberg (20, celta vigo), maurits kjærgaard (20, rb salzburg)
new rb - juanlu sanchez (22, sevilla)? we were linked with him and he seems to be a bright spot in sevilla's disasterclass this season
also i'm optimistic that groß is staying, but we have/can buy replacements if necessary

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I think the poor lad is just exhausted.

He was very frustrating last night - constantly running the ball straight into defenders - and my opinion was that he'd been pretty poor.

However - even during a 'poor' performance, he managed to:
1. Have a shot first half, that beat the keeper and missed the near post by a foot.
2. 'Win' what was surely a penalty
3. Hit the inside of the post with a terrific late volley

He is a player that does make things happen, and always carries some threat (when the rest often don't).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here