Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Line up for Chelsea?

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
He always looks shot, I think it's just his manner. I also reckon his recovery is pretty good. If Pedro isn't fit I'd be very surprised if Fergie doesn't play, with the hope that Pedro is back for Brentford.
Not sure whether Ferguson will be/should be rested but in my opinion it looks increasingly likely that O'Mahony will get significant first team playing time this season. I'm with MJsGhost and think he'll start or come on around 60 mins (pure guesswork).

W3D

I'm Thirsty
Apr 21, 2021
Worthing
Defence should be ok - Veltman, JPVH, Igor and Hinsh if they are all fit and not too knackered.
Midfield - 2 from Baleba, Dahoud, Gross
Attack - Who knows? Lallana and Goodnight are fit, Mitoma may not be to start, Fergie was knackered at the end on Thursday. Adingra?
So I would not be surprised to see a false 9 being played by someone unlikely or Duffus or another young 'un starting up top.
Could be fun and we will still win.
Isn't Dahoud suspended?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Verbruggen
Veltman
JPVH
Igor
Hinshelwood
Gross
Baleba
Mitoma (I hope)
Adingra
Lallana
Ferguson

(Or maybe Gross in defence with Billy in the middle dropping Hinshelwood to the bench.)

So many players needing a rest. If we can get a point here I’ll be delighted- and amazed.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Verbruggen
Veltman-Van Hecke-Igor-Milner
Groß-Baleba
Adingra-Lallana-Buonanotte
Ferguson
Subs: Steele, Duffus, O’Mahony, Hinchelwood, Gilmour, Mitoma, Moder, Jackson, Baker-Boaity

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Not sure whether Ferguson will be/should be rested but in my opinion it looks increasingly likely that O'Mahony will get significant first team playing time this season. I'm with MJsGhost and think he'll start or come on around 60 mins (pure guesswork).
I agree with the latter - but if RDZ thinks he's ready to start, wowsers, we could have yet another on our hands!

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
It is a test for the squad, and just a note that Newcastle have been unchanged for 3 games. They didn’t use any subs in CL mid week due to their injuries and looked fresh yesterday.
It is a mindset you need to adopt if you want to play with the big boys…. FWIW my team..
Can’t see many other options if JP and Mitoma not available

JS
JV
JPVH
Igor
Hinshelwood
Gross
Baleba
Ferguson
Adringa
AL
FB

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
BV
Veltman JPVH Igor Hinsh
Baleba - Wee Billy
Gross - Lallallallallana - Moder
srtriker . . . . Not sure, Ferguson needs a rest!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
——————Steele—————
Veltman—JPvH—Igor—-Milner
———Groß——-Baleba———
Adingra—-Lallana——-Mitoma
————-Ferguson—————

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Is to much made of the number of games. We have played 20 plus one Caribo cup game. Many in Div1/2 have played 20 league games plus early rounds of both cups and FLK competition where we play our u23s Sure all of these have smaller squads

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
He always looks shot, I think it's just his manner. I also reckon his recovery is pretty good. If Pedro isn't fit I'd be very surprised if Fergie doesn't play, with the hope that Pedro is back for Brentford.
He's too big a unit to gambol around like a spring lamb, but to me, he has seemed a little off physical sharpness at times this season (compared to last). Maybe I'm mis-remembering last season.
It's pretty desperate times, so they may well take a risk on one of them. The size of risk is down to the physio team to work out, but if we lost one of JPedro or Ferguson to an injury, we'd be f***ed. Youth might help recovery a bit, but doesn't give a free pass and they will have a plan for roughly how minutes they want the younger players to play (which may have gone out the window for now thanks to the injury issues).

It's so hard to second guess RdZ, so who knows?

Chelsea have been quite open, so I'm off to find the odds on an O'Mahoney goal :)

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Is to much made of the number of games. We have played 20 plus one Caribo cup game. Many in Div1/2 have played 20 league games plus early rounds of both cups and FLK competition where we play our u23s Sure all of these have smaller squads
Div 1 & 2 football isn't quite at the intensity level of the PL and Europa cup though is it?

Not so much pressure.

Opponents are less fit.

Opponents less likely to score if you switch off for half a second.

Your own team's tactics are less demanding, mentally and physically.

A good player might get away with being 90% fit in D1/2.

Quite a bit less foreign travel.

Lots of reasons why the same number games (or fewer) are more demanding at a much higher level....

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Div 1 & 2 football isn't quite at the intensity level of the PL and Europa cup though is it?

Not so much pressure.

Opponents are less fit.

Opponents less likely to score if you switch off for half a second.

Your own team's tactics are less demanding, mentally and physically.

A good player might get away with being 90% fit in D1/2.

Quite a bit less foreign travel.

Lots of reasons why the same number games (or fewer) are more demanding at a much higher level....
Fair points. Dont agree less pressure PL players on 3/5 year contracts Best medical facilities, 1st class air travel and accomadation to games up north. Would think most Div1/2 players are on 1 year contract and a poor run of results or form/injury.out of a job. Would think many bplay when 90% fit because of small squads

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
I’d go

Bart
Milner Veltman JPVH Igor Hinch
Dahoud Baleba
Gilmour Lallana
O’Mahony

3 at the back with wing backs and compact the midfield. They’re pretty shit out wide. Bring on the players that will win us the game in the last 20. JP, Mitoma and Fergie.
Dahoud is suspended!

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Surprised to see some are dropping ex Chelsea Wee Billy. Really hope he plays personally

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Steele
Veltman
van Hecke
Igor
Hinshelwood
Baleba
Gilmour
Buonanotte
Lallana