BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I’d go

Bart
Milner Veltman JPVH Igor Hinch
Dahoud Baleba
Gilmour Lallana
O’Mahony

3 at the back with wing backs and compact the midfield. They’re pretty shit out wide. Bring on the players that will win us the game in the last 20. JP, Mitoma and Fergie.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
That can't be right. He was still in Greece Thursday after coming on?
Played 65 minutes
1701546611145.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Sorry but that team would prob guarantee a defeat!

Newcastle players playing Europe and league with similar team - we have to keep going strong…!
To be fair they had an extra day’s rest and a much shorter journey.

My guess.

Bart
Veltman JPVH Igor Milner
Baleba gross
Adingra Lallana hinselwood
O’Mahoney

And I think we will get absolutely stuffed.

Pedro looked broken. Mitoma and Ferguson looked like they could hardly move. O’Mahoney didn’t play last night.

Possibly Buonanotte for Milner. I say possibly. I might have 8 wrong. Who knows?

Dunk getting the red at forest was so so bad.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
3 at the back with wing backs and compact the midfield. They’re pretty shit out wide. Bring on the players that will win us the game in the last 20. JP, Mitoma and Fergie.
I was thinking along similar lines but maybe -
—————Steele———
Veltman—-JPVH——-- Igor
—- Milner——-— Baleba -
—————Gilmour———-
—Gross——-——- Adringa
———— Buonanotte——
—————- JP—————

(Not RDZ’s usual starting 4, 2,3,1 I know more something akin to a 3,4,2,1 but we do change formation throughout different phases of build up anyway so probably doesn’t make much difference 🙂)

Ferguson >JP/Buonanotte
Lallana>Gross
Mitoma>Adringa
and kids for minutes (resting out Hinch)

Last edited:

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
I'm hoping to see Barrington and O'mahoney come on for Pedro and Mitoma on the 65th minute.
They link up well and it will give our players rest as we're playing on Wednesday.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Why is everyone leaving Ferguson out? RDZ didn't mention him. He's a kid, he'll be fine. Duffus is only a couple of months younger, he played Thursday night and Friday night, if he can play Ferguson can play.
Duffus not a great comparison. 87th minute sub on Thursday, followed by 65 minutes in an u21 game (I'm sure you'll agree a gulf in intensity, so nothing like Europa or PL).

Ferguson had 87 minutes and looked shot on Thursday.

"He's a kid, he'll be fine" is a sure way of f***ing a young player's developing body. He needs protecting from overuse.

We are down to the barest of bare bones though, so there will be a surprise of some sort. That could be O'Mahoney, or a false 9, or even a very risky start for Ferg giving the physios a worry.

My guess is O'Mahoney.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Sorry but that team would prob guarantee a defeat!

Newcastle players playing Europe and league with similar team - we have to keep going strong…!
I’ve done it with Brentford in mind and would be expecting two subs at half time

I don’t think keepers need a physical rest, mental maybe on concentration, but would like to see Bart given a run of games as our number 1 now.

Taking 3 from the next 6 points isn’t a bad thing and staking the odds to get us there is the way I’d go

Last edited:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Steele
Veltman (please)
JPVH
Igor
Hinshelwood
Gross
Andringa
Gilmour
Mitoma
Buonanotte
Ferguson

Subs Bart,Erm,Erm,Erm, Someone without a beard in the crowd and Pedro

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Duffus not a great comparison. 87th minute sub on Thursday, followed by 65 minutes in an u21 game (I'm sure you'll agree a gulf in intensity, so nothing like Europa or PL).

Ferguson had 87 minutes and looked shot on Thursday.

"He's a kid, he'll be fine" is a sure way of f***ing a young player's developing body. He needs protecting from overuse.

We are down to the barest of bare bones though, so there will be a surprise of some sort. That could be O'Mahoney, or a false 9, or even a very risky start for Ferg giving the physios a worry.

My guess is O'Mahoney.
He always looks shot, I think it's just his manner. I also reckon his recovery is pretty good. If Pedro isn't fit I'd be very surprised if Fergie doesn't play, with the hope that Pedro is back for Brentford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here