Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
old crest a la pne omt... That can only mean one thing :nono:

Lincoln_city_(2014).png

brighton-hove-albion-fc.gif

ftfy

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
The Liverpool game, and their recent form is a great example of how too much meddling with the team around FA Cup games can really throw a spanner in the works. Let's put out a strong team and put in a good performance to build up momentum for this massive games coming up.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
:goal:

Wolves first goal was interesting, three players offside but only interfering with play as decoys as the cross from the free kick went to the fourth: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1165130/Live

Back to this game: Lincoln have played 36 first XI games this season.

We have played 31, (or 36 counting Checkatrade).

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Very much my concern. Might not play first team players but they will have fixture congestion despite being rested. Never want us to lose but this is a bonus game as far as I am concerned. Win and we could get a tasty draw. Lose and we don't get fixture pile up. Amazing to think that the £90k for winning hasn't been discussed at all. How times have changed. Said previously that I am very annoyed with myself that this is the first year I want us to ignore the cup but there are bigger fish to fry.
Yep this is not good at all as not only fixture congestion but even worse is that other clubs will play and close the gap on a s and the pressure increases more than normal.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This would be our reserve team, allowing for injuries:

Mäenpää;
Tomori, Goldson, Hünemeier, Pocognoli;
Murphy, Norwood, Ince, March;
Towell;
Hemed.​

How will it differ? Are Rosenior and Kayal fit enough to play?

Rest any players with niggling injuries.

Albion first XI this season:

FirstZ XI.JPG

On reflection I think Solly March needs some game time.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The Liverpool game, and their recent form is a great example of how too much meddling with the team around FA Cup games can really throw a spanner in the works. Let's put out a strong team and put in a good performance to build up momentum for this massive games coming up.

Can be true when it's a split between firsts and reserves. We've pretty much exclusively played sides that have had little to no first team experience this year. It's not really comparable. In effect it's like sending out a side for an U23 game with a few senior pros chucked in. It's been helpful for us this year - we've been able to give players retuning to fitness a meaningful game as well as players coming into the first team for bans minutes to get back up to speed.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
BHAFC ⚽️ ‏@OfficialBHAFC 1m1 minute ago

#BHAFC team v #Imps: Maenpaa; Tomori, Goldson, Huenemeier, Adekugbe; March, Sidwell, Norwood, Skalak; Towell; Murray. #BHAvImps

e:

BHAFC ⚽️ ‏@OfficialBHAFC 52s52 seconds ago

#BHAFC subs v #Imps: Ankergren (GK), Dunk, White, Ince, Kayal, Murphy, Hemed. #BHAvImps

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

I actually think it's why we've been doing so well in the league. CH actually does meddle with the team from home to away games.

And because some of these players have been getting some run outs due to cup games, suspensions and injuries when CH does shuffle things those players sitting on the bench have had some decent game time put into their legs and aren't rusty from warming the bench for extended periods.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Seems a bit strange to play Murray. If he gets injured in a game like this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Huh, why on earth risk Murray hmm.

Couldn't agree more. Why on earth risk either of our main strikers. If we go out of the cup it's no big deal - if we lose one of our main strikers to injury it could cost us our best ever chance of promotion. In Hughton we trust of course but I wouldn't have even thought about it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here