Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Life on Other Planets

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Why do UFOs have to be from other planets? Surely the term "unidentified" is the clue that no- one knows what they are or where they are from?

Or am I missing something?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think they are after our cheese.

That is why they are on the moon.

They are mining cheese for their leader - Big Mouse.

(joking aside, I do believe that they are on the moon :lolol:)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
That is why they are on the moon.

They are mining cheese for their leader - Big Mouse.

(joking aside, I do believe that they are on the moon :lolol:)

I think that's why the U.S wanted to nuke the moon. "If we can't have the cheese, nobody can!" BOOOM!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Why do UFOs have to be from other planets? Surely the term "unidentified" is the clue that no- one knows what or where they are from?

This is true, and it has been suggested that many are man made objects which are using technology obtained from studying crashed ET craft. Could they all be man made, it's possible. When I way all the evidence though I come out with the view that some or extraterrestrial and some are man made.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Why do UFOs have to be from other planets? Surely the term "unidentified" is the clue that no- one knows what they are or where they are from?

No, you're right. UFO is an almost meaningless expression.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
In order to say that, you would have to claim to know and understand the workings of the universe.

We probably should not assume that advanced forms of life would be burning fossil fuels and flying using combustion engines. If it were possible to travel through space at very fast speeds, the distance would not be a problem. The universe has been around for a very long time, so if life does exist elsewhere, then life which is much more advanced than we are is likely to exist. The practical problem is ours, but it would not necessarily be theirs.

As for why come here, the same reason we would go somewhere. Exploration, trade, because they are hungry maybe :lolol:

Nothing in the universe can travel faster than the speed of light.

I do agree that there is likely (I'm pretty damn convinced) to be a much more advanced species out there. They might not even be in our Galaxy though!
Humans have only been making detectable amounts of electromagnetic radiation for less than 100 years, so nothing further than 100 light years away would be able to tell that there is advanced life here, right?

481860_508178709203145_136124579_n.jpg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
This is true, and it has been suggested that many are man made objects which are using technology obtained from studying crashed ET craft. Could they all be man made, it's possible. When I way all the evidence though I come out with the view that some or extraterrestrial and some are man made.

My good friend Mr. John Dowie ( google him) who is one of life's great raconteurs and storytellers told me some marvellous tales of his experiences with " them".

He pointed out that the appearance of UFOs in the modern era started after the Atomic bomb deployments in 1945. His theory was that the use of Nuclear weapons opened an inter dimensional crack which allowed them in and sealed our fate as a species at the same time.

There's no good can come of them in his view.

SeagullSongs

Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
My good friend Mr. John Dowie ( google him) who is one of life's great raconteurs and storytellers told me some marvellous tales of his experiences with " them".

He pointed out that the appearance of UFOs in the modern era started after the Atomic bomb deployments in 1945. His theory was that the use of Nuclear weapons opened an inter dimensional crack which allowed them in and sealed our fate as a species at the same time.

Jesus wept. :facepalm:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Nothing in the universe can travel faster than the speed of light.

I do agree that there is likely (I'm pretty damn convinced) to be a much more advanced species out there. They might not even be in our Galaxy though!
Humans have only been making detectable amounts of electromagnetic radiation for less than 100 years, so nothing further than 100 light years away would be able to tell that there is advanced life here, right?

481860_508178709203145_136124579_n.jpg

Unless you believe that some of the implications of quantum physics allow for "spooky action at a distance". :eek:

SeagullSongs

Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Unless you believe that some of the implications of quantum physics allow for "spooky action at a distance". :eek:

They do, apparently, but cannot be controlled. That's the thing with quantum physics!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Actually there is a possibility that our use of these weapons did "raise a red flag" over our planet. From their perspective they won't see "Nuclear War" with all the connotations which we attach to it. They will see a fairly immature species weaponizing the splitting of atoms, they may have some interest in discouraging us from using these things.

They often appear around sites containing nuclear materials and they have been reported to have deactivated nuclear weapons on a number of occasions, including once in the UK.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Actually there is a possibility that our use of these weapons did "raise a red flag" over our planet. From their perspective they won't see "Nuclear War" with all the connotations which we attach to it. They will see a fairly immature species weaponizing the splitting of atoms, they may have some interest in discouraging us from using these things.

They often appear around sites containing nuclear materials and they have been reported to have deactivated nuclear weapons on a number of occasions, including once in the UK.

How are they with Microwave ovens? Mine's on the fritz.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here