Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Life changing gadgets

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The change of music to digital and how easy it is now to have all your music on such a small machine - totally genius

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I challenge you to carry 6 Guardian's, an Observer, 26 NMEs and a Q Magazine around for a week.

A car boot would probably do it.

But I read the paper the day it's out (or maybe the next day). My Smartphone has BBC and BBC Sport, Guardian and loads of other news sources on it. I can't think of a set of circumstances where I'd require all that about my person in a delicate and expensive package.
Whereas without Sky+ I wouldn't be able to fast forward through the talking on MOTD, watch Pointless or any of the good films on tv which are almost always on in the afternooon or midnight.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The change of music to digital and how easy it is now to have all your music on such a small machine - totally genius

Indeed. Though I do miss being able to play new tapes and CDs on my personal stereo on the way back from the shop

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
1) iPhone (and now smartphones in general) is THE one, isn't it?

I mean, I remember being out on my first night at uni in Spetember 2005. I had drunk too much and was completely lost in Southampton. I had NO IDEA where my halls of residence were. I had to call my girlfriend and attempt, at 3am, to get her to direct me home with her using some outdated map she found on google images.

If this had been two years later I wouyld have just got out my iphone, and unable to type due to beer overload, would have held one button and said to the polite voice in my phone "direct me to Deanary Halls of residence, Southampton".

I would have been home in 5 minutes. Instead it took me 5 hours.

2 ) Also, add to the list google maps. Not quite sure where somewhere is? grab the orange bloke to and drop him IN TO the map. It's basically a miracle for people like me.

3) Slow cooker. On the very rare days where I know I wont be home till stupid o clock or wont have time to cook, just bung some meat in this beautiful object and be greated with the finest smelling food known to man as you get in from a long day. Even if it just produced an edible meal that would do, but it often produces HEAVEN with no effort involved...and cheap cuts of meat.

4) Shazam. Brilliant.

5) Internet banking. Wake up, see wages are in one account. Move to the other account in about 10 seconds. Crazy.

6) Sky+. Always watch footy 15 mins later then kick off now so I can just fast forward through adverts. Or pausing a match to go for a iss. I couldn't cope with normal tv now. I don't think I watch anything live. Each evening is watched 3 or 4 recorded programs.

7) Costa machines in petrol stations. I was synical to say the least...but my god they are good for a coffee on the go.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can't think of a set of circumstances where I'd require all that about my person in a delicate and expensive package.

If find it useful when I'm out and about, waiting somewhere, travelling across town, going to an away game. I like the idea that when I have some time to kill I can select from a number of publications to read. It's great for filling spare time.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
1) iPhone (and now smartphones in general) is THE one, isn't it?

I mean, I remember being out on my first night at uni in Spetember 2005. I had drunk too much and was completely lost in Southampton. I had NO IDEA where my halls of residence were. I had to call my girlfriend and attempt, at 3am, to get her to direct me home with her using some outdated map she found on google images.

If this had been two years later I wouyld have just got out my iphone, and unable to type due to beer overload, would have held one button and said to the polite voice in my phone "direct me to Deanary Halls of residence, Southampton".

I would have been home in 5 minutes. Instead it took me 5 hours.

This is a good point. I recently found myself drunken, alone and lost in the Centre of Newcastle at 3am in the morning on a mate's stag do. I got my smartphone out my pocket, and was back to my hotel inside 5 minutes. Hours of drunkenly wandering the streets avoided.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Netflix and Spotify. Seriously not sure how I'd cope if I had to stop using these!!!! Netflix with unblock US on it is some sort of sorcery!!!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The remote control for the tv, I still remember the days as a kid being told by mum or dad to turn the tv over or get up and turn it down

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Havent read the whole thread but I would go for the microwave having had numerous dinners ruined when working by it being placed in the oven to keep warm when I was late going for dinner or even worse put on a plate over a saucepan of water with a lid put on it. The micro to reheat it was like a gift from heaven.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here