Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Ridgewell on loan from Jan 2nd

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd already discussed this with the club ahead of today (knowing about the Ridgewell announcement). We can register the transfer with the Football League on the 2nd, but then have to apply for International Clearance from FIFA on 4th January.

Thanks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Given Portland is the hipster capital of the US Liam should feel at home in Brighton.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Knew this early doors this morning but couldn't say anything. Great short term signing.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
That was essential - he will be training with the team and ready to play asap

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Do we know why it's only until Feb 13th? His choice? Our choice? Rules? Could we extend if we wanted to?

I'm assuming its because its the MLS close season. He'll be due back to Portland after then. Their first match of the 2016 season is on March 6th.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Do we know why it's only until Feb 13th? His choice? Our choice? Rules? Could we extend if we wanted to?
I doubt we can extend, Portland will want him back for a few weeks of training and friendlies before their season starts. The only way we could get him for longer was if we can secure a permanent deal for him during January.

Shame it's only until the 13th - when does the North American league get going again?

The season starts on March 1st but Portland don't kick off until the 6th.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Why would we want him for any longer, he can play on the 13th which means our next game is the 20th, one of our LB's should be back and the other well on the way.
I think both are as good as Ridgewell.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It does - doesn't it?

I'll admit to being slightly envious of what they've got going on there, and I never thought I'd say that about football in the States.

This is well worth a watch for some more background if you have a spare 16 mins...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFBUNbJLHro

That's excellent viewing; thanks. I have to admit to also being envious of what they've got going on. It's a real community.

Maybe the Albion can get some of them crowd cheerleader/choreographer fan types in the north? And I can certainly think of a few posters I'd like to nominate to stand on a pole until we score.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Followed the Timbers from a distance last year and watched a few games on tv. As some have said, the have a really good set up and was pleased for them when they won the MLS. Nagbe could do a job

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here