Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Ridgewell on loan from Jan 2nd

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's a shame we miss out on being able to play him in this weekends game, just because Sky moved the game forward by one day!

It's worse than a shame. Such deadlines should be in place so that they fall either side of a weekend fixture list, rather than through the middle of them leaving some clubs to be penalised, others not.

The international window, which applies both to Towel and Ridgewell, opens on the 4th January so the fixture move is irrelevant.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The international window, which applies both to Towel and Ridgewell, opens on the 4th January so the fixture move is irrelevant.

Cheers, was unaware of that!

Shame the game wasn't move to Monday 4th then!

;-)

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Sounds a very good loan signing. Good start to the window with both Towell and Ridgewell.

Last edited:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Thank **** for that.

For all the Legend Status that Indigo has, he has been a complete liability at left back, and I think signing someone who can play there will readdress the lack of balance the side as had since Calderon's call up.

I don't think its no coincidence that form has plummeted since we lost a recognised left back.

For me this signing is as important as a new striker.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I wonder if there is anyone else in the MLS that might be worth picking up for a few games?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The club site says wef Jan 2nd?

I'd already discussed this with the club ahead of today (knowing about the Ridgewell announcement). We can register the transfer with the Football League on the 2nd, but then have to apply for International Clearance from FIFA on 4th January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here