Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I think Mawson is probably the next in line to those that went to Russia in the World Cup squad.

I think this lot are before him (in no particular order),

Lascelles, Tarkowski, Dunk, Mee, Keane, Chambers.

He stood out in a pretty poor Swansea team, but hardly excelled.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Always thought Mawson was bang average... £20m for him shows exactly how the market has become hyper inflated.

I still think Maguire is bang average, so imagine what I think about the market.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
This is the same bloke who shipped a load of goals last season and whose side got relegated?

He's a decent Championship/PL borderline CB who had a good season at Barnsley.

Fulham sounds about right.

Some Swansea plank tried to start a spat with me on Twitter because I dared to compare the value of this transfer to what someone would have to pay to prise Dunk away.

£25m for a recently relegated CB is an obscene sum.

FWIW I think both similar quality players however we didn’t get relegated, they did, so maybe Mawson is slightly worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some Swansea plank tried to start a spat with me on Twitter because I dared to compare the value of this transfer to what someone would have to pay to prise Dunk away.

£25m for a recently relegated CB is an obscene sum.

FWIW I think both similar quality players however we didn’t get relegated, they did, so maybe Mawson is slightly worse.

From what I have seen, Mawson is comfortably a lesser defender than Dunk. He did however, have a little run of scoring important goals, which boosted his profile, and ultimately his value.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I just made a really long post (took ages) rating Mawson's WhoScored defensive stats against Duffy, Dunk, Moore, his CB partner Fernandez and CB pairings from the two teams with most goals conceded (12 more than Swansea) Ogbonna & Collins and Shawcross and Zouma to back up my opinion that he is massively over-rated, apparently I wasn't signed in when I tried to post and it got rid of the lot...

I'm not writing it out again, but spoiler alert, he came out rock bottom of all of those. I know stats don't tell the whole story but it's a decent indication.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From what I have seen, Mawson is comfortably a lesser defender than Dunk. He did however, have a little run of scoring important goals, which boosted his profile, and ultimately his value.

There's only one metric I use to gauge player X v Albion talent.

I now firmly believe Dunk is next in line from those in the World Cup squad.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Totally fine with Fulham signing Mawson. We scored goals against his Swansea defence & he didnt seem a threat from set pieces against us. I would be confident of us scoring goals against Fulham with him in their back four.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I doubt a player would put in a transfer request unless he was pretty sure the interest was real, and a newspaper report is often wrong when it comes to player transfers.

You’re just being silly now... it is ****ing obvious we have multiple bids made and rejected, but you chose to criticise a player for putting a transfer request in, and our club for alleged tapping up... I suggest you have a rethink...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I know, my position is I don't like it, not that it doesn't happen, and I dislike a player adding pressure on the club to which he is contracted, to sell when they don't want to, or at a price they don't want to. I also understand the players wish to play at a higher level, but he is likely to be facing lower league opposition or Premier league youth sides in the cups. Don't get me wrong, I hope the club get him if they see him as right for us, but I don't like players trying to dictate what fee their club should accept, especially in the Championship, as we all know clubs only ever break even or turn a profit if they sell a player or two to a Premier league club.

You know we are talking about Tinpot FC who frequently stole our players and even our manager. Your view is both naive and misguided...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
took us down . Didn't do much else

Keeping in mind Tinselhead’s appalling start to the season, SC’s performance was nothing short of miraculous...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You know we are talking about Tinpot FC who frequently stole our players and even our manager. Your view is both naive and misguided...

I don't like it when a player puts a transfer request in because of interest from another club, and I don't like tapping up, I know it happens, but I don't like it.

If it is all fine for us to tap up Liam Moore, why do you use the word "steal" to describe Reading offering Ingarmarsson, Sidwell, Coppell a better deal? You either think it is fair practice, and all can do it, or it is out of order and none should. Your view is incongruous.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I don't like it when a player puts a transfer request in because of interest from another club, and I don't like tapping up, I know it happens, but I don't like it.

If it is all fine for us to tap up Liam Moore, why do you use the word "steal" to describe Reading offering Ingarmarsson, Sidwell, Coppell a better deal? You either think it is fair practice, and all can do it, or it is out of order and none should. Your view is incongruous.

Excuse me for standing up for the club I support on here, whilst you make unfounded accusations of tapping up against the Albion.

Similarly, there is nothing wrong with a player putting a transfer request in certain circumstances like the one Mr Moore finds himself in.

So, in summary: My view is not incongruous, but yours is just naive (criticising Moore) and misguided (assuming tapping up where unproven).

Fair enough if you don’t like transfer requests, but it is something that is not against the rules...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Excuse me for standing up for the club I support on here, whilst you make unfounded accusations of tapping up against the Albion.

Similarly, there is nothing wrong with a player putting a transfer request in certain circumstances like the one Mr Moore finds himself in.

So, in summary: My view is not incongruous, but yours is just naive (criticising Moore) and misguided (assuming tapping up where unproven).

Fair enough if you don’t like transfer requests, but it is something that is not against the rules...

It is incongruous to use the word steal when Reading come for our staff, and fair play when we go for theirs.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

I don't think you can claim they stole Coppell, Dick Knight would have given John Madejski a reach around if he thought it would get an extra £100 added to the compensation package.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here