Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Does anybody consider that Liam Moore is better than either or both Duffy and Dunk

He doesn't necessarily have to be better, he has to be good enough to step in if called upon. Last season in BFG and Goldson we had two backup central defenders we knew could be counted on when they were called into the first team, neither had put a foot wrong, and neither did in their limited PL time, but they were never going to really push Dunk or Duffy and genuinely challenge for a starting place under Hughton. We got lucky last season with Dunk and Duffy not getting injured and apart from 1 ban for 5 yellow cards they stayed out of trouble. Hughton has made it clear he wants a squad that has genuine competitiveness, thats going to cost money, especially when we are looking for someone home grown, we know they come at a premium.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo;8543357[B said:
]He doesn't necessarily have to be better, he has to be good enough to step in if called upon. Last season in BFG and Goldson we had two backup central defenders we knew could be counted on when they were called into the first team,[/B] neither had put a foot wrong, and neither did in their limited PL time, but they were never going to really push Dunk or Duffy and genuinely challenge for a starting place under Hughton. We got lucky last season with Dunk and Duffy not getting injured and apart from 1 ban for 5 yellow cards they stayed out of trouble. Hughton has made it clear he wants a squad that has genuine competitiveness, thats going to cost money, especially when we are looking for someone home grown, we know they come at a premium.

I was commenting on that posting not criticising Moore or the clubs approach and decision

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
isn't life sweet- I remember reading being a bigger club then us and nicked Sidwell from us, now we are bigger and richer by far - god it feels good

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
isn't life sweet- I remember reading being a bigger club then us and nicked Sidwell from us, now we are bigger and richer by far - god it feels good

Part of the reason I don't get the ferocity of the animosity.
Of all the things to get worked up about, on planet football, Reading for me are meh.

I'd imagine Oxford (no stranger to odd behaviour themselves) have very much a similar relationship with them as we do palace.
Reading seem to be the gift that keeps on giving, all fur coat and no knickers.

As you say, currently (ever the optimist) the Albion have won, and appear to keep on winning.
Sure the battles were long, and many were lost, but having finally won (thank you Mr Bloom) I don't get the grudge still being carried against those that have wronged 'us' in the past, from Hove Retail Park onwards.

Obviously Scott McGleish is still a w****r.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If we are successful in our attempts to sign him, I think Dunk and Duffy are going to be under pressure to hold onto thier starting spots. Here is a comparison matrix comparing all four of next seasons potential CBs. We will be blessed with 4 very good players.View attachment 99268

That table is interesting, insofar as it illustrates which areas of the respective players' games, are their strengths and weaknesses.

Offering it up as a comparison of ability, it is fundamentally flawed, given that the stats for Moore are (obviously) achieved in a lower league. You could add a column with a defender with even better stats from League Two, if you wanted.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Reading have NEVER been a bigger club than us. Not even when we were at Withdean. They had a bit more money for a while but that is it. Always a nothing club who suddenly got above their station for a few years. Bigger club than us? I don't think so...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Reading have NEVER been a bigger club than us. Not even when we were at Withdean. They had a bit more money for a while but that is it. Always a nothing club who suddenly got above their station for a few years. Bigger club than us? I don't think so...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not bigger but quite interesting they have spent similar times in similar divisions as us. Honours wise they have the Simod cup and a couple of Fa Cup semis. We historically have a period of much bigger gates. It isn't a lot different really.

Agree though ,we are bigger. They are just a nothing passionless club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here