Liam Dickinson Available for Loan...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Where does it say he's av for loan?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Oh dear,not proving much of a success up ther.Wonder if it is anything to do with his attitude and general revelry!

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
From what I've read Barnsley fans dont seem too impressed with him, A few of them have nicknamed him Flipper Feet.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Another good decision by Gus by the looks.
He was the top earner here as well.

Football_Friends

Aug 18, 2010
Oooop North.....Manchester
Some great rumours surround this guy....was there ever any evidence of his so called attitude and general revelry?? Or do we prefer to judge a player off past rumours?? And who's made it public knowledge he was 'top earner'?? Seems rather sad some revel in his stalling career.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Some great rumours surround this guy....was there ever any evidence of his so called attitude and general revelry?? Or do we prefer to judge a player off past rumours?? And who's made it public knowledge he was 'top earner'?? Seems rather sad some revel in his stalling career.

Stumbling out of nightclubs carrying unconcious girls
Skipping training
You know, the usual model professional stuff.

Boring I know, but a 'reliable source' told me he was the top earner. Its hardly that much of a stretch to believe either being as we signed him from Derby for £300k, and they generally pay silly money to their players.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Carnage UK hits Brighton | The Sun |News

Out on a Sunday (or was it Monday) night. Phoned in SICK to training the next day and claimed he had been in before the midnight CURFEW imposed, during the week.

Priceless

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sorry but maybe I'm old school or the wrong side of 40, but a man that appears to have more tattoos than braincells is probably never going to fufill his potential.....

Unless of course your David Beckham:laugh:

Football_Friends

Aug 18, 2010
I beg to differ on a few of those points but can't really be bothered to go into it. Makes better stories reading into stuff like that though I suppose. Reliable sources or assumptions?? Not saying he wasn't one of the top earners but 'THE'....no. Anyways as you were......

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I beg to differ on a few of those points but can't really be bothered to go into it. Makes better stories reading into stuff like that though I suppose. Reliable sources or assumptions?? Not saying he wasn't one of the top earners but 'THE'....no. Anyways as you were......

Dickinson is the first topic remotely related to Brighton & Hove Albion that you have commented on. I see you are from Manchester. Do you have any link to LD?

Tell me to buzz off if you think I am being nosy. :hilton:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Fair enough then.
But its quite plain that Gus has very clear ideas as to the type of professionals he wants to work with at this football club - the likes of Dickinson and Cox clearly didn't fit that profile, which is why they are no longer here.

Draw your own conclusions.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fair enough then.
But its quite plain that Gus has very clear ideas as to the type of professionals he wants to work with at this football club - the likes of Dickinson and Cox clearly didn't fit that profile, which is why they are no longer here.

Draw your own conclusions.

It's fair to say at Derby, he was sold because of his poor attitude and 'drinking' culture he was taking part in

Football_Friends

Aug 18, 2010
I can't dispute the club is heading in the right direction now but do I feel as though the likes of Dickinson seem to cop alot for things that may not necessarily be true. I don't see what good comes of such speculation. And do I feel they were pushed out for their proffesionalism or footballing reasons?? That I will draw my own conclusions.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Aside from anything off the pitch which you can choose to believe or not believe, on the pitch he was dire anyway.

Football_Friends

Aug 18, 2010
See this is where the problems lie when rumours start....for someone who sounds pretty certain that it was a drinking culture he was involved in, and gives bold statements like that.....where's the proof?? And how did these stories originate. (I'm not a conspiracy theorist btw):thumbsup:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Aside from anything off the pitch which you can choose to believe or not believe, on the pitch he was dire anyway.

Exactly, how on earth he has managed to ply his trade 3 times in the championship is truely beyond me because he did look terrible, slow, bad in the air, dreadful first touch, massive diver e.t.c. Obviously you never get everything at this level, because then they wouldn't be at this level, but there were just so many problems with his game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports