Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liam Bridcutt to join Sheffield Wednesday on loan?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
As I mentioned earlier, wouldn't particularly want him back, and quite honestly wouldn't give two hoots even if he were to join The Owls. Twit.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Was it not OG who said that he wasn't in the 'right frame of mind' and didn't pick him to play rather than LB refusing to play? ???

Did you really take that at face value? He was obviously on strike until he got his move.

Not in the right frame of mind to earn his 10K a week wage. Bless.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I've been quite surprised how crap Bridcutt has been at Sunderland.

He always looked a class above at the Albion and I thought he'd cement a place in the 1st team there no problem.

Just goes to show how big the difference is between Premiership and Championship and how hard it is to tell whether a good Champ player would make a good Prem player.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I've been quite surprised how crap Bridcutt has been at Sunderland.

He always looked a class above at the Albion and I thought he'd cement a place in the 1st team there no problem.

Just goes to show how big the difference is between Premiership and Championship and how hard it is to tell whether a good Champ player would make a good Prem player.
Bridcutt's very good a sideways and backwards passes in a 50 yard area..He's very limited as a player although may venture forward once a year.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Was it not OG who said that he wasn't in the 'right frame of mind' and didn't pick him to play rather than LB refusing to play? ???

Right frame of mind my arse.
How the hell can somebody not be in the right frame of mind to kick a sodding football about and get paid a fortune.

Arrogant little tosser.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I don't know if you are old enough to remember our greatest captain, Nobby Horton? Can't imagine he'd have given anything less than 100% even if a move was on the cards.

I remember Brian Horton...i met him over at waterhall ,back in those days the transfer market was a lot more realistic and there were, in general a lot more ethics and gentlemanly conduct in the game.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Some leave as heros, others leave as zeros.

The focus-less Bridcutt was the latter for me.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Short memories, It's not that he went, so much as how he did.... at least to me.

Not at all. My memory is of a model professional that gave his all during some of the best years in our recent history. Player of the season twice and well deserved

The end was truly disappointing but none of us know what events led up to him putting in his request and not playing. He never had the opportunity to defend himself and nor do I take the communication that comes out of the club as anything other than carefully managed, understandably

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here