Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

liam and Gus's speeches from last nights player awards

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Nice speeches. I think the vast majority of footballers care about their clubs, but some are more articulate than others. I'm happy with what we have - I've no doubt they are raring to go tomorrow - hopefully not too raring - no early pens or red/yellow cards please...

I was at the awards and although it was mainly full of corporate sponsors the mood and feeling of confidence and optimism of the audience in the future was overwhelming. I left feeling that whatever the outcome of the play offs our quest to reach and stay in the top division is inevitable and unstoppable with the current regime in charge.

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
Thanks for sharing that,
Dreading Friday, looking forward to Monday. Can't make every home game being on the IOW
& working some Saturdays, but I have not seen a losing game when I have come down, so glad I'm
Coming Monday.
Come someone tell how you get the bottom quotes up.

Very Blue Tits

Jan 2, 2013
My personal favourite was...

"People ask me - if you win at Wembley, will you stay in London? I say 'NO', because Brighton will be ON FIRE. We'll be coming back..."

That man wants to party with his own people.

That's no big deal, Croydon is on fire most nights...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Fantastic videos.

I ****ing love this football club.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Thanks for sharing. Loved the way Gus talked about inigo and how it lead to getting the other Spanish players.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Gus really is very good at talking isn't he? It's easy to see why a meeting with him can be the difference when trying to sign a player

I was just about to post the same thing, he talks with such passion about our club that it's easy to see why he's been able to bring a player in here when they've had better offers elsewhere. His passion and energy for the game must rub off on those around him and it's easy for a player to want to do well for that sort of a manager.

SpottySeagull

Aug 15, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Glad you all enjoyed them, I just had to share them. Now, if someone could take some of the best quotes, find some rousing music and put it together over a few clips of top BHA moments we would have the perfect motivational video. :albion2:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If you haven't seen this yet, it's worth a view.

Gus' attitude towards the next few weeks is explained too - we've done well, whatever happens now is a bonus. Not a time to get over-excited, it's a time to play our own game and see what happens. If his team deliver on that, could be a great month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here