Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

liam and Gus's speeches from last nights player awards

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The bit about the players giving it their all despite the awful contract situation shows what a club we've got here. Incredible stuff.

DaveTurner

Jul 17, 2011
Gus took it to another level last night and seemed totally in control. A great place to be ahead of Friday. Mr Bloom was pretty impressive too! Add Paul Barber into the mix and we are definitely ready for Premiership football.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
With all Gus and Liam's talk of the close personal bonds in the current squad, moody Murray just didn't have the personality for it, which is more than likely why we didn't go all out to keep him.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
My personal favourite was...

"People ask me - if you win at Wembley, will you stay in London? I say 'NO', because Brighton will be ON FIRE. We'll be coming back..."

That man wants to party with his own people.

And I have a make-or-break university exam first thing on Tuesday morning. I feel like crying at the prospect of missing one of the best nights out Brighton has seen in decades, if not ever.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Awesome videos, thanks! Watching that has certainly put a few nerves away for me, just seeing the focus and confidence in Gus is inspiring!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Gus really is very good at talking isn't he? It's easy to see why a meeting with him can be the difference when trying to sign a player

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Thank you so much for that, bloody lovely. Loved Gus talking about managers coming into clubs saying we have a plan, blah blah blah "so we have a plan" I feel so proud of our club and where we came from but watching this just brings it all home for me. And the Albion is ingrained on Gus forever, god I love that man.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We are SO lucky to have Gus as manager - and many of our fans will only realise that after he's gone.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yes it was, i quite like him and I rather hope Brighton and Hove Albion has rubbed off on him, if you know what I mean

Odd choice, but I've always quite liked him too (even if you mainly see him at shitholes like Selhurst & Elland Road)
Great vids. Cheers OP. That man Poyet has everyone eating out of his hands with just a smile and a pause.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Brilliant, spell-binding, inspirational stuff. Looks like a wonderful evening with - and I'll happily tempt any fate by saying it ahead of the small matter of what's ahead of us - probably the most gifted manager we've had. Ever. Thanks for posting it.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
This is the best time to be supporting the club, all the players and the manager and everyone who works at the club are all wanting the same thing, premier league football. And if we don't get that this season, then next season is going to be very hard to imagine us keeping Gus, Liam, David etc. We need to cherish moments like this even if we don't make the play offs.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Brilliant, thanks for that.

Must be so dull having to listen to other manager's speak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here