Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leyton Orient V Brighton and Hove Albion ***OFFICIAL*** Match Thread

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The ref is only human, and humans make mistakes. Humans like me, like you, like Elphick and Kuipers - who's mistake instead of meaning it stayed 1-0, meant it became 1-1.

Surely that makes their mistake more costly than the refs?

Yes, we should have had a pen, but let's not let it lead to us ignoring the players' faults. We do that enough with our home mistakes (ignoring the players' contribution to the poor form and blame the atmosphere, stadium, running track, ticket prices, etc.).

That was a poor second half from us. We let them back into the game, we made a mistake which led to us conceding a silly goal.

I do agree with you, we've dropped 4 points in the last two games because of schoolboy errors.

I just can't accept people saying we're shit and relegated after a game that we drew and would've won but for some poor decisions (according to the commentry)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I just can't accept people saying we're shit and relegated after a game that we drew and would've won but for some poor decisions (according to the commentry)

I agree the doom mongers are a little overbearing, but I worry that if we don't look at our own mistakes and hold the players accountable, there's no pressure on them to improve, it stops them looking at themselves and creates this hard done by feeling in the camp which is dangerous both because it means they may repeat the mistakes they don't learn from, and may also lead to them going into games with a defeatist attitude.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
"did the penalty decision cost you the game?"
Poyet: "yes, no doubt"
He sounds very annoyed in the interview. :L
100th post :D

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Poyet says I dont want to speak about Forster , all I want to say is all the players here today wanted to be here. Does this basically mean Fozzy wont play for us again ?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Can't believe hart was brought on :lolol:christ whats the point in signing new players like holroyd???

I honestly believe we will get relegated:facepalm:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just got in, and felt it was two points dropped to be honest - but an enjoyable game with a great atmosphere.

Quite why the referee didn't give a penalty is beyond me. If he felt it was a dive, book the striker.

Though Hart did okay when he came on. The pitch was very difficult today, very very bumpy looked like they had played rugby on it Friday night.

However it wasn't so bad you couldn't stand up Kuipers :)

As for that overweight nobody who plays up front for Orient, hope he is trouble for the goal celebration.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Just got in, and felt it was two points dropped to be honest - but an enjoyable game with a great atmosphere.

Quite why the referee didn't give a penalty is beyond me. If he felt it was a dive, book the striker.

Though Hart did okay when he came on. The pitch was very difficult today, very very bumpy looked like they had played rugby on it Friday night.

However it wasn't so bad you couldn't stand up Kuipers :)

As for that overweight nobody who plays up front for Orient, hope he is trouble for the goal celebration.

What was the celebration? - surely not pistols again.

How many Albion? (apols if mentioned before, can't be arsed to trawl through thread)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What was the celebration? - surely not pistols again.

How many Albion? (apols if mentioned before, can't be arsed to trawl through thread)

He turned his shirt round and rang over to the Brighton fans, pointing to his name (which was now across his ample breasts)

Rightly booked.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I thought we were cracking and should have been 4-1 up at half-time. The pitch was appalling for everyone, but we managed to put some thoroughly good moves together. Virgo looked slim and a bit like a T4 presenter. Elphick was brave and won most things in the air, sadly a couple of times when he should have put us further ahead and the chances slipped away. Dickinson had a poor touch to him, but battled well. The Calderonio was never really taken and only ballsed it up when holding his nadgers in desperation whilst wriggling on the floor. As per usual, Dicker was sublime at times and i could watch him for a week striding and playing weighted passes that can take the lower-league hogs we play apart. Navarro lost the ball repeatedly and can't be trusted with it at his feet. HIs stepover near the end of the game, followed by a cross that went into the crowd summed him up to me.
Overall we attacked well and looked the dominant force. Shit reffing and the offsides called and a few easy chances missed made it a result the Os seemed to be thankful for. I think we're in fine form from today's east london extravaganzaria with chips.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here