Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leyton Orient V Brighton and Hove Albion ***OFFICIAL*** Match Thread

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Wake up and smell the f***ing coffee.
Do you really think we will get any more than 2 or 3 points from our next 4 games?
We could be dead and buried by then. Cue dramatic last day escape. again.

I think we adults would call this a childish tantrum.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
stitched up by a dodgy ref

The ref is only human, and humans make mistakes. Humans like me, like you, like Elphick and Kuipers - who's mistake instead of meaning it stayed 1-0, meant it became 1-1.

Surely that makes their mistake more costly than the refs?

Yes, we should have had a pen, but let's not let it lead to us ignoring the players' faults. We do that enough with our home mistakes (ignoring the players' contribution to the poor form and blame the atmosphere, stadium, running track, ticket prices, etc.).

That was a poor second half from us. We let them back into the game, we made a mistake which led to us conceding a silly goal.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
But, do you think he is still capable of doing a job for us?
In my view he is a BSP player at best these days.
Has been a quality servant, but it's time to move on.

I may well agree with that but there are ways of expressing your opinions and certain posters on here take it too far. Especially as OGH is a player we know has posted on here in the past. I dont imagine for a second he would but what if Gary were to look at this and think the overall attitude towards him is to "f*** off" as we have all forgotten the contribution he has made over the last 10 years.

The club offered him a contract and he has bills to pay and oportunity to be employed by a football league club so he signed it. Not a bad decision by the man in my opinion.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I posted this before the game, regarding to this game being described as "HUGE"
Is it really? How many "HUGE" games do we have each year (and often lose)? We label all these games as massive, put so much pressure on the team, so much stock in the result, then nothing much changes.

We have a game (or two) in hand over the five teams above us. After today there's a further 54 points available this season.

If we lose today and go down by three points, why is today's failure the key one? why not a loss at some other point this season?

I think we're putting too much stock in one game's result.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I may well agree with that but there are ways of expressing your opinions and certain posters on here take it too far. Especially as OGH is a player we know has posted on here in the past. I dont imagine for a second he would but what if Gary were to look at this and think the overall attitude towards him is to "f*** off" as we have all forgotten the contribution he has made over the last 10 years.

The club offered him a contract and he has bills to pay and oportunity to be employed by a football league club so he signed it. Not a bad decision by the man in my opinion.

This is true.
I wasn't arguing the point that OGH should "f*** off" by the way.
One of the greatest servants to thia club in history. But really is time to call it a day i think.

And fairplay to you Uncle C. Unfortunately, I'm not wired the same way as yourself, I wish i could be, but maybe I'm just a bit of a natural pessimist.

Sorry OGH if you are feelings are hurt. Now f*** OFF. You are useless & not up to to Blue Square Premier league status. You come on to the pitch & the Albion have ZERO chance of winning. Now f*** OFF (PLEASE)

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
And fairplay to you Uncle C. Unfortunately, I'm not wired the same way as yourself, I wish i could be, but maybe I'm just a bit of a natural pessimist.

Hospital wards are full of people with high blood pressure and heart attacks - stay cool.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
OGH has become the new Mayo. :smile:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sorry OGH if you are feelings are hurt. Now f*** OFF. You are useless & not up to to Blue Square Premier league status. You come on to the pitch & the Albion have ZERO chance of winning. Now f*** OFF (PLEASE)

Sorry Steve Foster if you are feelings are hurt. Now f*** OFF. You are useless & not up to to NSC posting status. You come on to the board & the level plummets. Now f*** OFF (PLEASE)

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

If I wanted to hear the rantings of a spoilt child I would stand by the sweets display at Tescos.

Congratulations you join my ignore list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here