Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Hamilton turned away from Wimbledon.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Of course an invite to the ROYAL BOX is in a public ballot! Excuse me, but do you ever read other posts before you jump in?

Sorry didnt read the full story that it was Royal Box it just annoys me that people with money can buy tickets ad lib but the man in the streeet has to go in a ballot. My old boss sold his company for £19m but still has to apply and ballot for tickets and airline companies in USA offering fights and centre court tickets in deals to include either Mens or Womens final.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Trevor McDonald is to all intents and purposes white.
He would be described by a black person as a coconut.
Brown on the outside.White on the inside.

He is part of the establishment and a very wealthy man.
He is also getting on a bit and hardly likely to rock the boat.
Hamilton is young,black and feisty.A different animal completely.

You win, can't compete with you on that one. Because when it comes to 'nuts' you are clearly in command. :rolleyes:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
So, after reading the thread through, I'm confused as to whether Wimbledon is meant to be racist or obsessed by class?

I would suggest that it'd actually neither and the only class issue is that Hamilton didn't manage to display any in thinking that rules simply shouldn't apply. Of course, he may not have been aware of them but I do find that a little hard to believe.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Brits are so good at being told what to do that most have turned into sheep.
Grow a backbone Britain.
Start going against the grain.
Stop marching blindly to the tune of the rich just because they throw you a bone now and again.
You are a laughing stock!

I suspect you may be on a 'wind up'.If you are, it is getting a bit boring now, and if you are not, then you are a bit of a dickhead.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Why couldn't he have used his belt as a make shift tie?

The man's attitude stinks.

I once got turned away from a club for not wearing a tie. Luckily I had a set of jump leads in the boot of my car so I tied them around my neck. When I got back to the club the doorman said, "okay - but don't go starting anything."

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
A quick driver, I concur. Have difficulty liking the guy for various reasons, none because of his colour. But I wonder why he didn't just smuggle himself in....he's so far up his own backside!

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Yep you are.
You'll be cheering him to beat the krauts in a couple of weeks.
He's earned the right to wear what he wants,when he wants.

Possibly the greatest performing British sportsperson at the present time.

Could it be because he is black?

Just thumbsup meant to be a thumbs down, what a ridiculous suggestion. The reason people don't like or warm to him is down to his demeanour, he just comes across as a spoilt brat. That would be the case if he were white, black or any other colour.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Why would anyone want to wear a suit to a sporting event!? Is it not really wierd people pay to do this?

Quite - Tells you all you need to know about how stuffy Wimbledon is, ditto Lords etc...... Cliché but true, Tennis is the sport for people who don't like sport

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Comfortably the biggest load of bollocks I've read on NSC in a very long time. Only seconded by your claim that he's the greatest living British sportsmen - he's nowhere near that, not even in the top 20. Credit to this country? Is he ****.

Wear a tie, it's not difficult if the ticket says so. Don't want to? Don't go.
This. All of it. Lewis Hamilton is tax dodging classless prick, not fit to lick David Beckham's boots.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Trevor McDonald is to all intents and purposes white.
He would be described by a black person as a coconut.
Brown on the outside.White on the inside.
He is part of the establishment and a very wealthy man.
He is also getting on a bit and hardly likely to rock the boat.
Hamilton is young,black and feisty.A different animal completely.

You are without doubt a massive social raspberry.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The weirdest part of this story, is how a multi-millionaire can't get a shirt, tie and jacket sorted within an hour? I reckon I could have probably sorted a shirt / tie / jacket combo from the Wimbledon shop, or jumped in a cab to Wimbledon High Street, got the gear and probably got back before the end of the first set.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Quite - Tells you all you need to know about how stuffy Wimbledon is, ditto Lords etc...... Cliché but true, Tennis is the sport for people who don't like sport

It's the Royal Box, he could have worn what he liked elsewhere within Centre Court, but the Royal Box on finals day, come on, there is nothing wrong with being smart, it isn't a class thing, it's actually just showing a bit of respect of tradition and etiquette.

If Tony Bloom invited you to the Boardroom for a match as his guest, are you saying you wouldn't bother as there is a dress code!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here