Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
City 1-2 Brentford

Marlon Harewood scores.

FT. Lots of boo's at the final whistle. Bet Dunk is having a smashing time.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Think Dunk started his downhill run after the Liverpool cup game where we scored four and they only scored three.
But 3 of our 4 were O/G's and I think one if not two of them were Dunky's

Think Dunk started his downhill run after the Liverpool cup game where we scored four and they only scored three.
But 3 of our 4 were O/G's and I think one if not two of them were Dunky's

Can remember Dunk's OG clearly. The attempted juggling of the ball that went horrendously wrong

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Poyet rated him, Oscar don't! What can you say? Ees complicated I suppose :)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Poyet rated him, Oscar don't! What can you say? Ees complicated I suppose :)

What makes you come to that conclusion?

Poyet certainly gave him his chance at the start of the 2011-12 season, when Elphick and El-Abd were both out with major injuries. But after his clanger at Liverpool, he only appeared in 5 of the last 15 league matches that season. In 2012-13, he only started 6 games (in November/December when El-Abd was out with a hamstring injury) plus the home game against Millwall just before Christmas when Poyet started with a back 3, realised it wasn't working, and sacrificed him after 39 minutes. He hasn't started a league game since.

I think the evidence suggests that both Poyet and Oscar saw/see him as fourth choice behind Greer, Upson and El-Abd. And Maksimenko is probably challenging for that position now as well.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Didn't it start when he was sent off against Palace?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Did the court case really knock his confidence, or might someone dare suggest that his early form had already started to tail off before any of that started?

I'm sure the distraction didn't help, but equally, he has to take a large amount of responsibility for his own career, and he was dropped because of his performances on the pitch.

Court case's and then started way back when he was first arrested so yes i do think it has a had a affect on his confidence, which is a great shame and hope he comes good again.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Can't help but feel sorry for the lad. A hot prospect in our first season at the Amex, last year's court proceedings clearly knocked his confidence and lost him his place in the side.

Sent on lone to Brizzle City for a much needed boost and he's sat on the bench for every game of his month's loan and watched while they've hit rock bottom in Div One.

Perhaps not the best move for the club to have agreed for him?

That night out ruined his career , just hope he learned from the experiance

Bertiehuburn

Nov 19, 2010
you don't become a bad player over night it was only 2/3 years ago he was a genuine starter for us! yes we may have been in lg 1 but he looked solid! and nobody can deny that premiership scouts were chasing. the court case has put all interest down but i believe lewis dunk will be a top player for us when the time is right. that may be 1 year but he has quality and we know that 1 player in the bristol city team doesnt make him a bad player! remember he is still our player and possibly the future greer 2 years maybe upson 2 years maybe!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Let him play up front as a striker for us. Adam Virgo may work

I've been saying the self same thing in other threads over the past couple of months, Dunky or Rohan Ince. Every one thinks l'm MAD! Nice to know l'm not the only one on NSC with such wild inconsidered views.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That night out ruined his career , just hope he learned from the experiance

I hope he has learned from the experience, but it hasn't necessarily ruined his career. He is lucky, he is still very young, but he hasn't become a bad player overnight, and even if he has to restart his career in League One, or even Two, he can still come good given time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here