lewis dunk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Under 21's, England Cap.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I dont think Dunk got on for England so no cap ..... and is either 19 or 20 years old not 21 ,,,,

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I dont think Dunk got on for England so no cap ..... and is either 19 or 20 years old not 21 ,,,,
Fair enough, my mistake.

Towner fan

Jan 4, 2010
My first ever post, so forgive me if I'm way off the mark but I just wonder if there is any connection with todays rant by Gus against agents in the Argus. He seems to be particularly upset when agents start demanding negotiations when there is are 18 months left on a player's contract, which if I'm right is about how long Dunk has left. Presumably his performances this year and the interest in him might make an agent feel he could cash in? I may be putting 2 & 2 together and making 5 but managers rarely bring up a topic without a motive!

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
It is a big shame that only 5 subs can be names. Apart from the fact that it is a disaster for youngsters who are trying to break into the team, it makes it really hard for us to tell who is in Gus' mind and who is really out of favour. They can name 7 subs in Champions League and in Spanish/Italian leagues so I don't know why we don't do the same.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
El Abd is a one club, heart on sleeve, journeyman. (in the nicest possible way)
Dunk is a 21 year old ball playing centre half, with an England cap.

There is nothing to explain, Dunk lost his place, and has been unable to get it back, because of the performance of El Abd.

That's why we have a SQUAD.

Can someone explain how you can be a one club journeyman?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
El Abd is a one club, heart on sleeve, journeyman.

errr, you know what a "journeyman" means?

i'd put it down to a given Dunk a well deserved rest, along with taking him out of the spotlight a tad and El-Abd's been in top form. any decent squad need 3/4 decent CB to last the season, luckily we have. its a difficult position because rotation doesnt work there so well, you want to build understanding between the players.

Last edited:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
If AEA hadn't been injured at the start of the season Dunk would have been on the bench anyway.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He's lost his place but on the Blackpool performance he may well be getting his opportunity to take it back

Bertiehuburn

Nov 19, 2010
No! Gus said last week when questioned about fringe players ''how can I drop El Adb or Greer'' Dunk has to be patient . Like Sparrow , Harley, Vincelot, Painter JFC, and now Razak, Painter and Dicker.

its still unreal to me how el abd 4 years ago every would think why is he playing to now that he has been quality, heard he made a few mistakes today with needless passes but keep the faith possibly with someone who has been good in our 12 game unbeaten run

Bertiehuburn

Nov 19, 2010
My first ever post, so forgive me if I'm way off the mark but I just wonder if there is any connection with todays rant by Gus against agents in the Argus. He seems to be particularly upset when agents start demanding negotiations when there is are 18 months left on a player's contract, which if I'm right is about how long Dunk has left. Presumably his performances this year and the interest in him might make an agent feel he could cash in? I may be putting 2 & 2 together and making 5 but managers rarely bring up a topic without a motive!

could be a fair point!!! but other players may be in the scene!!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And Dunk's disciplinary record is far worse than El Abd's, rendering the argument about El Abd's fouls in the box completely without foundation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here