Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk- What does he do??

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
One of our best players tonight

If you measure performance by rash challenges, wayward passes and hoofing the ball upfield, ... then I guess I have agree with you.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
thought he played Fryatt Ok .

Fryatt ran him ragged, he pressed Dunk relentlessly, and Dunk was found wanting when deciding what to do with the ball.

PS: Dunk did have a decent enough game in the home game the other week, so he isn't a complete lost cause, but I can't agree if it is suggested he become first choice any time soon.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Presumably the people highlighting the occasional lapse in concentration and occasional mistakes which Dunk seems to have been tagged with didn't see Greer's from earlier in the season...

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Following on from other fashionable NSC posts!

Lewis Dunk- awful tonight and hasn't been good for a long long time, granted he doesn't play much but there's an obvious reason for this!

Rather have Greer any day of the week!

You obviously weren't at the Wigan game . M O M from most people. This lad is going places.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Everyone at the club knows Dunks ability. That's why we've been in the hunt for a center back for so long. He's an adequate League One defender. Does a job as our third choice but long term we'll be looking to strengthen in that area.

I don't blame Dunk for his display. He did his best. I blame Oscar for yet again fielding a below par squad.

If we'd have taken this competition at all seriously we'd be in the last eight.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Presumably the people highlighting the occasional lapse in concentration and occasional mistakes which Dunk seems to have been tagged with didn't see Greer's from earlier in the season...

My thoughts too. Underlines to me just how magnificent Upson has been.

Upson has a brilliant fitness and disciplinary record but inevitably sooner or later he will be unavailable (especially at his age) and we will depend on GG and LD which will remind us just how great Upson has been.

Dunk isn't a rookie any more but is still 'work in progress'. It is a pity that he did not get a proper chance to gain more experience elsewhere. Maybe it is a tad optimistic to expect him to really excel in the Championship, but at least he has Upson to mentor him and I hope he will really step up to the next level. Given their ages surely one of Upson or GG's places will eventually come up for grabs and it's up to Dunk to seize the opportunity.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You obviously weren't at the Wigan game . M O M from most people. This lad is going places.

Ha ha.......... keep taking the pills, your imagination is running away with you........there speaks a real armchair fan.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Dunk will prove a lot of people wrong. He will comfortably play the best part of his career as a top-end Championship/lower-end Prem player.

Hopefully with us.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Following on from other fashionable NSC posts!

Lewis Dunk- awful tonight and hasn't been good for a long long time, granted he doesn't play much but there's an obvious reason for this!

Rather have Greer any day of the week!

Are you serious?! Maybe you were drinking when watching the game!

Dunk was one of our best players yesterday and in the first game. Granted he made a mistake or two but so what? Considering his age and limited playing time, I thought he was composed and calm and read the game very well. Let's not forget he was up against a Prem team with some very technical players who play at speed.

You only have to look at supposed 'top class' defenders like Skrtle, Toure, Terry and Vidic to realise that mistakes can happen to any defender. Does that make them worthless? Of course not!

Based on the NSC posts that you alluded to in your comments we should be getting rid of virtually our whole team!

I'm not really sure what our 'supporters' would be happy with. Perhaps we should try and sign top international players and see if we can trounce all our opposition playing 'sexy' football and see if anyone can find a negative then because that's realistic isn't it??!!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
What a load of bollocks, he has barely played for a long long time and when he has he's done well, rather him instead of Greer.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Fryatt ran him ragged, he pressed Dunk relentlessly, and Dunk was found wanting when deciding what to do with the ball.

PS: Dunk did have a decent enough game in the home game the other week, so he isn't a complete lost cause, but I can't agree if it is suggested he become first choice any time soon.

how opinions differ.......the joys of watching football ! Your last bit there could apply to most of the players last night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here