Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk- What does he do??

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Very average tonight apart from hitting the bar. Gave the ball away several times. He's decent but not better than Greer yet.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
He needs time, like Ince did and JFC does. You aren't going to get instant results with young players. Yes, he did mistakes tonight, but in between time I thought he looked strong and put his head and foot in when he needed to. If he plays alongside Upson for a few games, I have faith that we'll see a great change. Trouble is, everyone wants us to develop the youngsters, then as soon as they come in the team and don't immediately perform like world beaters, people get on their backs. Not right.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Following on from other fashionable NSC posts!

Lewis Dunk- awful tonight and hasn't been good for a long long time, granted he doesn't play much but there's an obvious reason for this!

Rather have Greer any day of the week!

which is why poyet got upson in, dunk is just not up to it , he makes too many costly mistakes

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Following on from other fashionable NSC posts!

Lewis Dunk- awful tonight and hasn't been good for a long long time, granted he doesn't play much but there's an obvious reason for this!

Rather have Greer any day of the week!
Poor tonight, excellent in his last 2 outings.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
He needs time, like Ince did and JFC does. You aren't going to get instant results with young players. Yes, he did mistakes tonight, but in between time I thought he looked strong and put his head and foot in when he needed to. If he plays alongside Upson for a few games, I have faith that we'll see a great change. Trouble is, everyone wants us to develop the youngsters, then as soon as they come in the team and don't immediately perform like world beaters, people get on their backs. Not right.

Its clever to play him with Upson, Lewis is going to be one of the great centre backs, and Upson will bring him on quicker.

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford
Ince, how many more games can we give him!

As for dunk, makes too many bad passes in bad areas for me. Good play generally dispersed with errors you wouldn't expect from a championship player.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The OP has gone very quiet.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
The OP has gone very quiet.

No just not glued to NSC constantly!

The amount of times he gave the ball away was ridiculous, granted he put a few decent tackles in, but his positioning and concentration were appalling, he's had much better games in the past and that's why I picked him out for criticism as I know he can do much better.

I know there are a lot of Anti GG fans out there at the moment but you are deluded if you think Dunk is better

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It didn't help that Ince picked up a knock. I've no idea who'll take his place if he's not ready for Saturday.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dunk is the future of our defence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here