Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Look at Southampton. Established Prem club, yet look at the players they've sold - Walcott, Bale, Oxlade- Chamberlain, Mane, Lallana, Lambert, Clyne, Alderweireld, Van Dijk, Luke Shaw, Wanyama, Schneiderlein, Tadic - the list goes on.

This isn't about losing Dunk - it's about planning for losing Dunk, and then executing that plan. You have to stay one step ahead, otherwise you're toast.

How many premier leagues would they have won with that lot? Its a shame that clubs have to sell these players. I imagine the only reason they did is because the players themselves wanted to move on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Top thread, this :facepalm:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He was having new sun blinds fitted at his house at the weekend if that helps.[/QUOTEwhere they the Venetian cross style or a 70mm vertical slat. I’d plump for the latter especially on a medium to long drop .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How many premier leagues would they have won with that lot? Its a shame that clubs have to sell these players. I imagine the only reason they did is because the players themselves wanted to move on.

Some players move on and show very little loyalty to the club that gave them their big chance, demand a move and it’s all very upsetting. In Dunk’s case no one could say he hasn’t given absolutely everything for the Albion. I can’t remember a performance he didn’t give 110%. If a club comes in offering big money for us, massive salary increase for him, it’s mutually beneficial.

I’d hate to see him go, but part of me also wants to see how he gets on competing at the top of the league and in the Champions League. I’d probably watch Chelsea :)sick:) games if that happened.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If TB gets a decent offer, he'd be crazy not to take it.

Yes he would be CRAZY not to sell our best player.

A5FAD6B7-E70F-475D-BD13-6D44D2A8637A.gif

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

And where has all that money gone? They must have taken in almost as much as the 1983 FA Cup final cash ...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He was having new sun blinds fitted at his house at the weekend if that helps.

To be honest, it doesn't at all. We know that Dunk has spent years on his fancy self-build, and the fact that he's still now putting touches to it, does support the idea that he's not likely to wish to uproot.

But when the two likely options are staying with us (30 minute drive to training at Lancing) or signing for Chelsea (50 minute drive to training at Cobham), the fact he's tied to the area doesn't tell us much!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
To be honest, it doesn't at all. We know that Dunk has spent years on his fancy self-build, and the fact that he's still now putting touches to it, does support the idea that he's not likely to wish to uproot.

But when the two likely options are staying with us (30 minute drive to training at Lancing) or signing for Chelsea (50 minute drive to training at Cobham), the fact he's tied to the area doesn't tell us much!

Where is Arsenal's training ground?....Asking for a friend...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not seen a whisper on this anywhere except twitter.
So far the only source is our NSC friend who tweeted it yesterday - although i think its just that there's interest - and also a thin piece in Football Insider where its reported he's "emerged" as a target.
Such is the stuff on which transfer window reporting flies though and this has led to a flurry of stories in wearebrighton, sussex live, brightonandhoveindependent with speculation dialled up to 11. But Sky, the national back pages, BBC - nope.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
If selling Dunk meant keeping White to a long term contract, i'd be pretty comfortable. From what i have seen of White he has the potential to be twice the player Dunk is.

It would be nice to keep them both, obviously, but it doesn't always work like that. We are pretty well covered at CB even if Dunk & Duffy go. White, Webster, Burn, Clarke & Veltman. Losing someone like Maupay would be a bigger blow IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here