Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk to be loaned out?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No wonder Dunk put a 'frustrated' face logo on Twitter yesterday. I've been saying for a while, he is essentially in no mans land. Too good for DS games, but has too many (currently) 'better' players in front of him. 2 years ago he was playing regularly in the championship, now he is bench warming, while 'mates' of his like JFC, Ince, March are getting regular game time.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Really ? In what way ?

If anything it toughened him up and prepared him for first team football here, which he is now getting.

Going to Oxford last season was more of a hindrance than a help in his development if you believe the rumour about the scouting reports made back to the club during his 6 month loan spell at Oxford. If true , they nearly ruined him.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Going to Oxford last season was more of a hindrance than a help in his development if you believe the rumour about the scouting reports made back to the club during his 6 month loan spell at Oxford. If true , they nearly ruined him.

And yet he made it into 7 of the last 15 league match day squads last season after returning.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Oscar must see something in him , Dunky was on the bench on Saturday. Look at what happened to JFC when he was sent out on loan , it nearly jeopardised his career.

That was at one club ( Oxford ) - far too small a sample to conclude that loans ruin all young players.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

JFC did not do very well at Oxford, he might not have been happy there, or it might have made him more determined to do well at BHA and we are reaping the benefit.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That was at one club ( Oxford ) - far too small a sample to conclude that loans ruin all young players.

Basically its all down to the club where the player is loaned out to and their method of playing. Perhaps Oscar's philosophy is different to Gus and thinks the youngsters will benefit from staying within the "BHAFC family"

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
MK Dons or Swindon, that's like being offered a shit sandwich or a punch in the face.

Seems fair to me. Dunky hasn't played in a long long time. Going to a League 1 side for the rest of the season sounds like a good idea to me. I can't see Brighton renewing his contract, so perhaps he will find that League 1 is his level now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seems fair to me. Dunky hasn't played in a long long time. Going to a League 1 side for the rest of the season sounds like a good idea to me. I can't see Brighton renewing his contract, so perhaps he will find that League 1 is his level now.

So why have the club turned down offers from League 1 clubs wanting to take him on loan?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So why have the club turned down offers from League 1 clubs wanting to take him on loan?

No idea, perhaps Oscar's take on the situation differs from mine. I don't dislike Dunky as a player, indeed he looked to have a rosy future at the Club this time last year, but the prolonged court case, and not playing a game, has understandably set him back considerably. For me, the rest of the season on loan playing regularly in League 1 would give him his confidence back, and help everyone see where is ability wise.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Why as he would then be back up to Cook and Elphick instead of Greer and Upson so no great improvement for him to get games under his belt..

Indeed. He is a player low on confidence, and simply in need of regular first team game time at the moment, sending him to Bournemouth or any other side in the upper echelons of the Championship would be akin to sending him from the frying pan into the fire. That's the reason l think somewhere with a little less pressure would benefit him more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here