Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk: Thick or just pretending ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He was fired up and he lost it. It was a red mist moment. I doubt if it cost us the 3 points as we wouldv'e been backs to the wall anyway - and we had Uwe as an instant replacement. Our back 4 have been superb to a man this season (all 7 of them :). They play on adreneline - this sort of thing will happen.

Far too reasonable and intelligent. You've got to join in with the ban him from the Amex, and drive him to whatever club will pay for him brigade.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Far too reasonable and intelligent. You've got to join in with the ban him from the Amex, and drive him to whatever club will pay for him brigade.

"Yeah I doubt it cost us 3 points anyway !" 10 men against 11 are you joking ?

He's a bit dim bless him.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The funny thing is TB, when you delve into what I'm saying, I'm actually more positive about Dunk than a lot of people happy to accept a rash decision. I actually think he can be a top player, not just a decent centre half in the Championship, I mean he can become a seriously good centre half - which is why it is so infuriating that a player of his ability, his class, his composure on the ball, sometimes some amazing long passes, is making inexplicably bad decisions.

I'm a constructive critic if you like. There is the talent there to be a brilliant player, but he is going to have to learn to cut out these types of errors fast, because as I said on a previous post, cutting out these errors is what separates the good from the great, and I genuinely want him to be great, I'm not content with him just being good.

Beyond these rash decisions, is there anything else that would prevent him from becoming a great player? Is he quick enough, for instance?
One other point: I don't really get your risk/reward Dunk/Sandro comparison: I only saw both challenges live, but they looked similar. I get that Sandro's was to prevent Murphy on the break, but it was after c20/30 minutes, rather than the low-risk mode you were discussing about the last 10 minutes for centre-backs.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Beyond these rash decisions, is there anything else that would prevent him from becoming a great player? Is he quick enough, for instance?
One other point: I don't really get your risk/reward Dunk/Sandro comparison: I only saw both challenges live, but they looked similar. I get that Sandro's was to prevent Murphy on the break, but it was after c20/30 minutes, rather than the low-risk mode you were discussing about the last 10 minutes for centre-backs.

1. While pace is a great asset for a defender, it is not essential. John Terry for example has never had any real pace through his career.
2. Not sure what you mean, I think you might be agreeing with me...I'm not sure?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
1. While pace is a great asset for a defender, it is not essential. John Terry for example has never had any real pace through his career.
2. Not sure what you mean, I think you might be agreeing with me...I'm not sure?

RE 2. again, I only saw them live, but I think both were potential reds. If given, Sandro's would have meant QPR playing with ten men for an hour or more, whereas Dunk's was six minutes before the 90 minutes were up (or 13 minutes before the ref eventually blew up).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
RE 2. again, I only saw them live, but I think both were potential reds. If given, Sandro's would have meant QPR playing with ten men for an hour or more, whereas Dunk's was six minutes before the 90 minutes were up (or 13 minutes before the ref eventually blew up).

So what? So Sandro makes poor decisions as well. Go figure, JFH had the sense to take him off I guess before he got himself sent off. Load of shite he was too to be fair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here