Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk: Thick or just pretending ?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Can understand why he went for ball for second booking but why on earth did he need to hold player back for first. there was no danger and 3 defenders round him

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
You're the idiot, he has passion and there's nothing wrong with that. Centre backs make those sort of challenges all the time, it balances out the blatant dives from the like of Charlie Austin.

Yeah "passion"does it for me every time. Grow up. A lot of his good defensive challenges come from his own mistakes. I was bring silly with his value but if we were offered 1 million I think we should take it. He's too immature.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've been prepared to defend him, but crikey it's just rash mistake after rash mistake game after game. It was actually notable on Saturday that it wasn't actually him who made the error given it so often is. Just ridiculous to make that challenge there, he's 24, not some fresh faced kid anymore. I bet Hughton has torn some strips off him, just when we were wobbling it triggered deflation from us, massive boost to them. Unbelievable for your centre half to get not 1, but 2 yellow cards in areas of the pitch where there's little danger and he shouldn't have been in the first place.

Complete exaggeration. By all means discuss tonight's errors but to say he makes mistake after mistake is totally untrue. There have been games this season where he has been Man of the Match.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Are you serious?

Football is about making snap decisions, which prove to be crucial. Dunk's decision making has proven to be flawed on too many occasions of late. His poor control left him chasing a ball he shouldn't have gone for, the refs decision was easy as it was a definite yellow and on another day could have been straight red and 3 match ban.

Maybe he is of the Razor Ruddock school of football where you get sent off just before Chrimbo to have time off!

His poor decision making tonight as per Greer's on Saturday cost us 2 points. 4 points dropped due to 2 bad choices

Course i'm serious. The ball was there to be won, but the other guy got there first. I'll accept a yellow for it, and I'll accept that he could have been more careful having been on an (unfair) yellow already, but I won't accept the over-the-top abuse coming his way as a result.

On a wider football point, a lot of the bad tackles you see come when a guy miscontrols his ball and tries to keep control of it even though its already gone. It looks like its harder to pull out of a tackle in this scenario.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I see I'm not the only one who thinks Dunk's a liability! Totally idiotic tonight, could have avoided being sent off and calmly collected three points. Very strange. As good as he is these 'rush of blood' moments are costing us points.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
He played well up until his routine **** up which cost us, seems to be the pattern for him this season. Would never go as far as to say 'get rid' but i for one am glad that Uwe will be in for Boro.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Yeah "passion"does it for me every time. Grow up. A lot of his good defensive challenges come from his own mistakes. I was bring silly with his value but if we were offered 1 million I think we should take it. He's too immature.

Take one million for a player when we've previously rejected five million for the same player? That doesn't sound like very good business to me. ???

Better business than 200K though, I suppose.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Complete exaggeration. By all means discuss tonight's errors but to say he makes mistake after mistake is totally untrue. There have been games this season where he has been Man of the Match.

Some of the errors Dunk makes are very schoolboy and it's becoming more and more predictable that he's going to do something silly to get a needless card or concede a penalty. This is a clear pattern that's been going on for a while now and surprised you haven't noticed it.

He is a decent player but needs to be fine tuned

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Can't defend without wrestling. Worth 2 yellows a game. Great defender but needs to grow a brain.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some of the errors Dunk makes are very schoolboy and it's becoming more and more predictable that he's going to do something silly to get a needless card or concede a penalty. This is a clear pattern that's been going on for a while now and surprised you haven't noticed it.

He is a decent player but needs to be fine tuned

Until tonight, he had 3 yellow cards in 21 games. He has been MoM in 3 or 4 games this season, but because fans are blaming him for losing 2 points tonight, he must be the devil incarnate. There were 10 other players on the pitch who should have been preventing the second goal going in. We've seen it where teams go down to 10 men (or 9 in Walsall's case) & not lost.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that he was unlucky with the first yellow card but the 2nd should have been a straight red as I have seen them given for much less. People say about selling him but would his value have dropped somewhat by his exposure on TV. I think he needs some time on te training ground but as Ian Holloway said he is now 24 not a youngster so should have learnt you cant make those tackles. As a side note I thought Hollowhead spoke very well of us.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Course i'm serious. The ball was there to be won, but the other guy got there first. I'll accept a yellow for it, and I'll accept that he could have been more careful having been on an (unfair) yellow already, but I won't accept the over-the-top abuse coming his way as a result.

On a wider football point, a lot of the bad tackles you see come when a guy miscontrols his ball and tries to keep control of it even though its already gone. It looks like its harder to pull out of a tackle in this scenario.

=bad judgment.

I agree some of the comments have been way over the top and as I pointed out its not just Dunk that has cost us points by rash decisions. I get the feeling the team are so desperate to succeed that they appear to lose their collective heads!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I see I'm not the only one who thinks Dunk's a liability! Totally idiotic tonight, could have avoided being sent off and calmly collected three points. Very strange. As good as he is these 'rush of blood' moments are costing us points.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here